PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 07:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

heberman is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My favorite calendar app for the Diamond

With my new Diamond, I hated the standard Windows Mobile calendar application. It didn't work well at all without a keyboard, and I didn't want to pull out my stylus just to navigate the calendar and look at my various appointments. I'm a lawyer, and need access to my calendar while in court discussing hearing dates with the judge and other attorneys. I don't have time to fumble around with a calendar looking for available dates and times.

After a few searches here at ppcgeeks, I found Thumbcal:http://www.thumbapps.com/pages/home/...al.php?lang=DE

I know this is a well-known application to many, but it is new to me. It was apparently a free beta until a couple of months ago, when it was mature enough to be a paid app.

According to the website: "ThumbCal is a finger friendly calendar and tasks application for your Pocket PC. You do not need your stylus anymore to use it. With simple gestures you can slide through days, weeks, months and years. ThumbCal lets you organize your appointments and tasks very quick and simple."

I tested this calendar application on the Diamond, and it works fantastic without every needing a stylus. I can quickly look at my day's agenda, or quickly locate a specific month or day. I loved the calendar, hated the nag screens which made the trial very difficult to use, and then registered the app. It costs $12.43 to register - money well spent. It should be included as the stock calendar for the Diamond. It uses the standard PIM databases, so when I sync my phone with my Google Calendar (thank you GooSync), the new data shows up in Thumbcal.

I have read in the Juicy ROM thread that some have found a way to link directly to the Thumbcal calendar from the main Touchflo screen. I haven't tried that yet, but I can quickly access the Thumbcal calendar by simply pressing "start", "calendar".

I suggest everyone who owns a Diamond give it a try.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond