PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: asus
Carrier: verizon

thom is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond Paperweight

Ouch... Tried to install new rom and seem to have buggered up the phone. I get the infamous tri-color screen with usb connection to mtty.... nothing else. I cannot connect through active sync, etc. and of course the phone will not boot into WM. Tri-color screen indicates "security unlocked" , DIAM500 SPL-0.057.0000, MicroP-Diam (LED) VB.

After lots of reading the only option I see is using mtty to install a "working" ROM on the phone but cannot figure out how to accomplish this. Looks like you would need to know a starting address and length of the file in order to use the lnbs command to transfer the image?

Any thoughts or am I just wasting time (which I already have done)
Old 10-29-2008, 03:09 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Diamond Paperweight

sounds to me like you loaded the spl version 43 instead of 57 try leaving the phone connected and running the proper unlocker.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:17 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thom View Post
Ouch... Tried to install new rom and seem to have buggered up the phone. I get the infamous tri-color screen with usb connection to mtty.... nothing else. I cannot connect through active sync, etc. and of course the phone will not boot into WM. Tri-color screen indicates "security unlocked" , DIAM500 SPL-0.057.0000, MicroP-Diam (LED) VB.

After lots of reading the only option I see is using mtty to install a "working" ROM on the phone but cannot figure out how to accomplish this. Looks like you would need to know a starting address and length of the file in order to use the lnbs command to transfer the image?

Any thoughts or am I just wasting time (which I already have done)
did you unlock your device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
sounds to me like you loaded the spl version 43 instead of 57 try leaving the phone connected and running the proper unlocker.
no...... judging by his Bootloader screen it sounds like he didn't unlock it. no where does it say .43 MFG lol

also if you didn't unlock you're pretty much boned. there area advanced ways to fix this but you have to contact the right people and it takes some time.

i think its a lil unfair to the people who can unbrick you, for me to tell you to go bug them. they are very busy with projects in the community to help us all. as long as we follow the instructions which i dont think you have

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-29-2008, 03:19 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

stupid question but did you try pulling the battery and seeing if it boots?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:22 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

hope that one of the advanced users with the abilities to fix units bricked this way will hop in. and offer to help.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:35 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

mtty

set 16 0

see if that works?
Old 10-29-2008, 03:38 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
mtty

set 16 0

see if that works?
he cannot get the pc to detect it he said.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: asus
Carrier: verizon
Threadstarter

thom is a n00b

I believe the phone is locked. Is there any way to unlock from mtty?
Old 10-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Retired Staff

no unfortunately, its stuck where it is now. try what tobey said. if you can get mtty to see it
Old 10-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

kidmet is keeping up the good workkidmet is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to kidmet Send a message via Yahoo to kidmet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
i think its a lil unfair to the people who can unbrick you, for me to tell you to go bug them. they are very busy with projects in the community to help us all. as long as we follow the instructions which i dont think you have
I have to disagree. Help a fella out. I mean, just because they are working on stuff for the community (their choice, not yours) doesn't mean they won't be willing to help. Newbie or Vet, I THINK we should all help out people in need.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond