PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 12:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
data connection turns on by itself

does any of your phones data connection turn on by itself even when you turn it off manually?
Old 10-29-2008, 01:07 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: data connection turns on by itself

there are many causes for this (update the weather, push e-mail, and to adjust the phone clock to the atomic clock to name a few.)
Old 10-29-2008, 01:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
there are many causes for this (update the weather, push e-mail, and to adjust the phone clock to the atomic clock to name a few.)
then its pointless to even have the option if its just going to turn back on by itself.

thanks for the answer
Old 10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

not exactly pointless. you can set the weather tab to only update manually, check mail manually, and kill the process that updates the clock. but yea its quite counter intuitive.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Apache HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon (but i pay for sprint)

drizzo91 is a n00b

i went to Settings>connections (tab)>connections (icon)>manage existing connections and changed both drop down boxes to not sprint. seemed to solve the problem for me.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

proplayer44 is just getting started

There is a nodata.cab file around here somewhere. Try a search. I use it when in the States and I don't want roaming charges but need my GPS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond