PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 11:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

musato is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Japanese carrier: EM Mobile S21HT

I'm wondering if I can use CDMA roms on this site with a Japanese phone? Hoping to flash a WWE version as my Japanese is less than perfect. I know that EM Mobile(sometimes e mobile) uses a 1700MHz band different than the one in the states, its WCDMA and HSDPA.

Asking because I see lots of Sprint/Telus specific ROMS, I'm not sure if thats just software or ESIM/etc related??

If it matters I don't need to switch providers, I just want to use this phone, on my current plan, with an English OS.

Cheers and thanks,

Alexander
Old 10-29-2008, 11:51 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Japanese carrier: EM Mobile S21HT

Quote:
Originally Posted by musato View Post
I'm wondering if I can use CDMA roms on this site with a Japanese phone? Hoping to flash a WWE version as my Japanese is less than perfect. I know that EM Mobile(sometimes e mobile) uses a 1700MHz band different than the one in the states, its WCDMA and HSDPA.

Asking because I see lots of Sprint/Telus specific ROMS, I'm not sure if thats just software or ESIM/etc related??

If it matters I don't need to switch providers, I just want to use this phone, on my current plan, with an English OS.

Cheers and thanks,

Alexander
are you CDMA or GSM?

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

musato is a n00b

It's a CDMA, but a bit different than the standards in the states: WCDMA (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/W-CDMA) I can get 7.2Mbps downspeed with HSDPA, not sure if that matters or not.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

um, id have to say i wouldn't use these roms to be safe.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:19 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I was under the impression that WCDMA was actually a GSM band. I honestly doubt it would work either way though.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

if the phones goinna be a paper weight either way try it, but if you can get some value out of it or use it in some form I wouldn't. is it a Japanese htc diamond?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

musato is a n00b

http://emobile.jp/products/ht/s21ht/

I just found one guy over on XDA who is with the same carrier, using a ROM for the HTC Kaiser, but seems to be because it has a radio compatible with EM Mobile, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ighlight=s11ht

I'm not sure if the kaiser has GSM/CDMA versions, but I guess this gives me some hope for something to get worked out in the future.
Old 10-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Blabber mouth

kaiser is only gsm (in america at lease). what is your phone type? That is more important than anything.
Old 10-29-2008, 01:15 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

musato is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
kaiser is only gsm (in america at lease). what is your phone type? That is more important than anything.
If by type you mean model, then its a HTC Touch Diamond.

If you mean GSM/CDMA, then i'm pretty sure it's CDMA, it's got the curved "lip" separating the screen from the hardware buttons: seen in the photo/ad I'm attaching to this post.

The installed stuff is:

ROM: 1.73.881.7 JPN
ROM Date: 09/22/08
Radio Version: 1.04.25.04
Protocol Version: 52.36.25.21H

It's got a smooth back (non-faceted, looks like a black Sprint Diamond basically)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg index_img_01.jpg (59.1 KB, 8 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-29-2008, 01:18 PM
Blabber mouth

its got the camera on front by the looks of it. I honestly have no clue, I would ask in xda-developers as this version of the diamond though the case is curved, looks more like the gsm style given the front facing camera.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond