PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: custom

hagen01 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Screen turns on whenever a reminder appears

My Touch Diamond screen turns on every time a reminder shows. This may not be a problem for some, but I have many appts and mtgs in my calendar and the screen is constantly turning on througout the day. Is there a way (reg key hack, perhaps) to suppress the backlight from turning on or the screen turning on altogther when a reminder appears?
My battery is getting drained from reminders where a fix like this will help quite a bit.
Old 10-29-2008, 06:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch diamond
Carrier: custom
Threadstarter

hagen01 is a n00b
Re: Screen turns on whenever a reminder appears

Anyone?

I see all these battery issue threads, but I'm surprised nobody else is complaining about the frequency that the screen turns on with reminders. this is my #1 battery killer!

Am I the only one?
Old 10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

omegax is keeping up the good workomegax is keeping up the good work

I may be wrong but wouldnt stopping your device from waking on a notificationn also stop it from waking during a text, email, or alarm?
Old 10-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

rpmbxdj is a n00b

Hey guys, I was reading this thread about this problem and I would like to add further to this "battery killer" for the Touch Diamond. My situation is similar , but aside from that , my phone seems to be possesed , cuz the backlight lights up when there are no reminders, messsages,emails, etc, it just lights up to light up. Its crazy, i been looking thru all the configurations on the phone and I cant find any solution to this problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

scidmail is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagen01 View Post
Anyone?

I see all these battery issue threads, but I'm surprised nobody else is complaining about the frequency that the screen turns on with reminders. this is my #1 battery killer!

Am I the only one?
I haven't tested it because I like my reminders to show up, but if you go to Setting>Sounds and Notifications>Notifications>Event: Reminders and deselect everything, wouldn't that stop it from waking?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamonte
Carrier: eSprint

deanwoof is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmbxdj View Post
Hey guys, I was reading this thread about this problem and I would like to add further to this "battery killer" for the Touch Diamond. My situation is similar , but aside from that , my phone seems to be possesed , cuz the backlight lights up when there are no reminders, messsages,emails, etc, it just lights up to light up. Its crazy, i been looking thru all the configurations on the phone and I cant find any solution to this problem. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
hard reset the device. that sounds fishy. what kind of 3rd party apps do you have installed?
Old 10-31-2008, 11:15 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagen01 View Post
My Touch Diamond screen turns on every time a reminder shows. This may not be a problem for some, but I have many appts and mtgs in my calendar and the screen is constantly turning on througout the day. Is there a way (reg key hack, perhaps) to suppress the backlight from turning on or the screen turning on altogther when a reminder appears?
My battery is getting drained from reminders where a fix like this will help quite a bit.

If you haven't gotten it fixed, I would suggest going to settings, sounds and notifications and select reminders for the event. uncheckall the boxes and they won't sound or appear on the screen. Maybe it will not turn it on then.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson
Old 11-04-2008, 01:27 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH DIAMOND
Carrier: SPRINT

rpmbxdj is a n00b

Thanks for the reply guys, especially Courtney1985 and deenwoof. I went to the sounds/notifications and deselected everything , i'll let u guys know how that turns out. As for deenwoof question about what 3rd party apps i have installed, i have a shytload of em..lol just to name a few: Diamond Hacks, Diamond Profile Switcher, Fakecall(awesome app btw!), Guesser, Stopwatch. All courtesy of pocketpcfreeware.mobi
Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6850
Carrier: sprint

dannyppc6700 is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to dannyppc6700 Send a message via Yahoo to dannyppc6700

well did that solve the problem? a lot of touch pro users are trying to fix it too
Old 01-04-2009, 09:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Alltel

ptco911 is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to ptco911 Send a message via Yahoo to ptco911

Just out of curiosity, how long has the unit been doing this? Did you notice it after an installation of an application? As with any Windows application a corrupted install could cause a lot of misadventure.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond