PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2008, 07:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio , TP2 , TP, Omnia, XV68, 67, and 6600
Carrier: Verizon

timshady337 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Semi-bricked Sprint Diamond

Hello all. i purchased a sprint diamond to eventually put on verizon's network. Sprint doesn't have hi speed where i live. while i was provisioning it for verizon (unlocked the msl, changed the prl, dmu, eri, m.i.p. settings i got it to pick up verizon's network. I then loaded verizon's radio. while in the process i accidentally jarred the connection. I reset the phone, but it hangs on the splash screen. No p-line and it says "none" for radio. It doesn't show that it has an image when i try and reflash, but it does seem to flash normal. I tried different radio and ce roms. Still hangs no matter what. I think i messed up something on the phone's Eeprom. Is there anyway to check it or completely restore it to factory setting after it has an error. There is no way to communicate except through bootloader. I know i'm asking for alot but any information will be helpfull. If not i get see if the internal storage is upgradeable. 8 or 16 gigs would be good when i could afford another. Thanks for your time.
Old 10-26-2008, 07:48 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: Semi-bricked Sprint Diamond

Why did you try to flash a radio that isn't made for your phone? That has nothing to do with it working on the verizon network. Others have got it to work, but there's so many problems they're all switching to the soon to be released Telus radio anyways. Try flashing the Sprint shipped radio (I think it's on the ftp or just search for it, version 1.00.00F). Other than that, there isn't much that can fix your mistake.
Next time, I'd ask before trying something so dangerous!
Old 10-26-2008, 12:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

timshady337 is a n00b

I flashed the radio due to the heat issue. I already tried flashing back to the Sprint shipped, but it wouldn't boot at all with thay radio. Thanks for the info anyway.
Old 10-26-2008, 01:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Vip-Vodafone MK

borce_razor is a n00b
Send a message via ICQ to borce_razor Send a message via MSN to borce_razor Send a message via Skype™ to borce_razor

MTTY (How to fix a bad ROM flash!) Hi,

I didn't see any post about using MTTY on Kaiser.

If I did a bad ROM flash with my previous device (HTC Universal), I could always fix this by clearing the FAT table with MTTY.

Believe me... if you flash and it stops ad 85% you will be very happy if you can use this tool!

Reason I started this thread is to help out people who are having such a problem with there Kaiser!

This is the correct procedure to get you out of trouble

1. Stop ActiveSync, by Task Manager (press Ctrl + Alt + Delete)
kill two processes rapimgr.exe and wcescomm.exe

2. put your device into the cradle

3. Run mtty and Choose WCEUSBSH001 in 'PORT' (if it doesn't show then you didn't stop all active sync processes above!)

4. type "set 16 0" without the quotes to tell bootloader to boot the OS after reset. (for some devices it can also be "set 14 0")

5. type "task 8" to get your device formatted

6. type "task 0" to ask your device reboot

7. take the device out of the cradle, and manually reset it if it does not do that already.

Incase of an emergency it could be very helpfull I think!

Thank you all for providing the input in this thread so I could make this small user manual!

Happy flashing!

Try this, but I'm not sure does it will work. Search MTTY on XDA-Devs site
ROM, RADIO
Omnia custom rom
ROM, INFO

+ My favourite song - Dino Merlin 06 - Da sutis

GSM ONLY
Old 10-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Quote tags please

I don't think that will work though, as that's the OS flash tag, he's flashing radios...
Old 10-26-2008, 07:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

timshady337 is a n00b

Thanks for the advice. i tried mtty, but when i try and reformat "task 8" says an error occured. This reminds me of a time on my titan i remember i read a thread about mtty re-partitioning the rom. Does anyone know how to write instructions for that on mtty?
Old 11-11-2008, 09:52 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: htc
Carrier: vodafone

cmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation levelcmonex can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
Quote tags please

I don't think that will work though, as that's the OS flash tag, he's flashing radios...

1) that stupid guide is full of errors, task 8 is just reboot, task 0 doesn't exist, don't use it.
2) there is no such thing as "OS flash tag". set 16 0 can be useful, however if the radio image is missing the OS won't boot, you must reflash radio to fix that.

Other devices: Shift, Kaiser, Diamond (GSM version), Universals (Qtek 9000, Vodafone VPA IV) + non HTC ones.

Donations To cmonex

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond