PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2008, 12:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus- Mighty ROM 4.7

Jordan88 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Installing in Internal Storage

Hey,

I am installed a few basic programs (google maps, .Net Framework 3.5 etc) and told them to install in the internal storage, but they seem to have actually installed themselves under the "my device"/ main section. There are no files for them within the internal storage (except for the .cab files), and under main storage is a new file called Microsoft .NET...(the rest isn't displayed) and under my device>program files is the google maps folder and all the files for it.

Does anyone know why it didn't actually install it within the internal storage?
Old 10-25-2008, 12:27 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Installing in Internal Storage

my net 3.5 is also on device. try redo on google maps. maybe you hit device by accident. my google maps is on device and internal.(both under program)
Old 10-25-2008, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, i tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't work. I tried to manually move it, and that caused it to be unable to be opened from the program list, although it could be directly opened from the folder but couldn't use the my location feature/ gps. I uninstalled it a second time, but it didn't delete the manually moved folder, so i deleted that by myself. I reinstalled it again, and it is once again under my device>program files, and can be opened via programs, but the gps remains broken...

Help?... preferably other than a hard reset.

I don't mind having stuff stored in "my device," but i would prefer it internal storage.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:33 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

try installing amAze gps app and see where that goes. its free and pretty good. link: http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-25-2008 at 01:36 AM.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

$#!% I hard reset it, so the folders went back to how they were originally, but the gps still doesn't work, even though it did when i very first installed google maps. That is frustrating and hopefully i didn't mess something up. I will try that app you suggested.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Oh i see, it is a different gps app. Thanks, but i was wanting to get google maps to work.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:52 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Also, try checking the GPS settings for Google Maps. Make sure that "Managed by Windows" is checked.
Old 10-25-2008, 01:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, i am afraid that i've effed my phone or something. I checked the googlemaps settings and it is set to "managed by windows". still not working. I manually changed them to what the external gps settings are on the phone, that didn't work. I started to do what that sticky thread says to do to get gps working, but i have a mac so i can't do alot of it. i installed the registry.cab and realized i couldn't do the rest.

aahhhhh... help?
Old 10-25-2008, 01:59 AM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan88 View Post
Oh i see, it is a different gps app. Thanks, but i was wanting to get google maps to work.
i know you want google, i just want you to try a diff. app. to see where it goes.(internal or what)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-25-2008, 02:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmm... maybe i was freaking out over nothing... when i started this whole thread the gps function wasn't working either. And after hard resetting and reinstalling it seems like i never bothered to try the gps function before hitting my location. And gps is working again now that i have hard-reset. And i only get that screen saying that my device appears to not be compatible with the my location feature if i try to use it before activating the gps. Ok... sorry for such a fuss. Maybe i should learn a few more things about this device before i go meddling with moving files etc. and save myself an ulcer and save you guys from my questions.

Thank you for your help though darren and rainfreak

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond