PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 10:50 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c
Diamond Complaints

Just a suggestion to Diamond users.

I am on the CDMA Sprint diamond. I contacted Tech support to log a compliant with my current unit. I was curious to see if the complaints had been rolling in regarding the Heating and Battery issues.

I spoke with a Rep who stated he did not see any compliants on file as of yet. He proceeded to use a diamond for ten minutes and noticed the unit became HOt immediately with moderate internet usuage.

He said he will write a ticket and submit it to Engineers which usually takes 24 hours , which we know with sprint means 24 days.

I suggest if any if not all have issues please report these ASAP , so they can not play ignorant when the Touch Pro comes out. We know many are using this device as a hold out until then, but the complain is legit. It will also expedite immediate response on a fix , and hopefully it will not linger as the Mogul issues did.

Becuase i ordered my unit on line i will be sending for a return kit mid next week to help speed up the return for the Touch Pro. the shipping can take 2 to 3 business days each way.
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below

Last edited by athlet1c; 10-23-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:11 PM
*SCREEEEEECH*
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

EtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuffEtherealRemnant knows their stuff
Re: Diamond Complaints

I fear that the Touch Pro will have all the problems of the Diamond and more... it doesn't really seem like HTC can spit out a solid device...

Comcast EXTREME:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/584166480.png
Old 10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Threadstarter

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Yes I agree EtheralRemnant , That is why i want any and all complaints to fall in. I am not sure about other carriers, but Sprint has a history of failing to recognize or addressing problems immediately. WE do not want another mogul repeat.

Besides maybe it will forward more work to Critical audios department or others like it

Last edited by athlet1c; 10-23-2008 at 11:28 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Balastrea is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Balastrea

I read a post here a few days ago which explained why the touch pro had been delayed and it seems that the overheating issue was one of the many bugs or glitches which were being addressed with a new ROM. I hope that these issues are all resolved too as the touch pro is going to be my next phone as soon as I am able to get my hands on it.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:36 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Threadstarter

Yes Balastrea , we are hoping so as well. I like all the features of the Diamond , but i too am waiting for the Touch Pro. The Tech did recognize the issue , its just not enough complaints in the system as of yet to flag them. that is why i started this thread
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul

Balastrea is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to Balastrea

Well thank you for that! Lets hoe that more will post here and help report any other issues so that there may be fixes faster!
Old 10-23-2008, 11:43 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Threadstarter

Yes indeed . I do so as well..
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

sprint is well aware of the missing heat plate on the diamond. i called today and there giving me a pro even trade for my diamond. im also well out of my 30 days. the pro also has the heat issue fixed, from what sprint told me. they also creditted my acc. the 100$ mir which i wasnt even qualified to get. when the pro gets here all i have to do is send back diamond after pro activation. as of today, im very happy with sprint.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

neilson is keeping up the good workneilson is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
Yes I agree EtheralRemnant , That is why i want any and all complaints to fall in. I am not sure about other carriers, but Sprint has a history of failing to recognize or addressing problems immediately. WE do not want another mogul repeat.

Besides maybe it will forward more work to Critical audios department or others like it
My hope is this. The Touch Pro will have the appropriate heat shield and us Diamond users will be able to switch to the Pro at minimal to no charge.
Old 10-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Threadstarter

Darren.wish1 good call on your end. Who did you speak with . I called Tech support and he examined the unit. I am in the 30 day portion so I am still good. Thanks for calling in though we need more people to do so

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond