PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2009, 05:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: CDMA HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

dgreen1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking For: Unlock phone with Fingerprint

So I suppose this has been covered already but instead of using numbers to unlock our phones is there a way we can use our fingerprint to do this?
Old 01-17-2009, 05:58 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: Looking For: Unlock phone with Fingerprint

there's no fingerprint scanner..
Old 01-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond - FuFu 4.5.3
Carrier: Alltel

highlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rephighlife22 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There's no scanner period lol. If anything it would have to be a pressure lock measuring certain parts of your print that hit the screen or just a certain amount of pressure period that is recognized to open the phone.

I think we are a ways off yet from a htc scan touch device at least on the general public side of life

If I helped, give me a thanks!

Old 01-17-2009, 06:32 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

the technology is here, but the demand isn't high enough to include something like that in a device that will reach so many people. it would definitely be cool though.
Old 01-17-2009, 06:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

lol that sounds kool though... but as said above, the touch screen on the diamond/pro don't have the capability to use such pressure measuring techniques

Old 01-17-2009, 06:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond - MightyROM 4.x - Radio Sprint V1.11.00.F

infection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularinfection0 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

i know the diamond is expensive but...
Old 01-17-2009, 07:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

htc makes umpc's with fingerprint scanners I think
Old 01-18-2009, 01:45 AM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan-htc-touch View Post
htc makes umpc's with fingerprint scanners I think
You are correct. The hTC Shift is a UMPC that has a built-in fingerprint scanner.

dwizzy130

Old 01-18-2009, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h1694.htm this is the toshiba protege its the ugliest phone i have ever seen but it has the biggest possible screen and a fingerprint scanner and here is a youtube review of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJtGcSIV1_U
Old 01-18-2009, 02:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrycka79 View Post
http://www.itreviews.co.uk/hardware/h1694.htm this is the toshiba protege its the ugliest phone i have ever seen but it has the biggest possible screen and a fingerprint scanner and here is a youtube review of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJtGcSIV1_U

worlds shhtittiesst phone

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond