PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2008, 03:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus- Mighty ROM 4.7

Jordan88 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Music and Storage

Alright, so i have two (more) questions.

I just bought the diamond today and so far i am very very happy with it. Although i managed to get the battery to below 50% within a couple of hours.

However, when i was looking through the storage on the device to see how everything was laid out, i noticed that "internal storage" is its own folder, and not the root folder. Why is this? Is everything not on the internal storage? And there is basically nothing within the internal storage. All of the "my programs" "my documents" etc. are outside of the internal storage folder. Just wondering if this is the same for all of them.

Also, telus puts a folder called "MUSIC" in the root directory with two sample songs, and i moved the files to "my documents>my music" so that i could get rid of that folder. However, when i went to the music player in TF3D it, the two songs were still there, but it also said there were two other songs although i couldn't scroll to them, i could just see blank album art with a "!". So i moved the files back to their original folder to see what would happen, and now i have double of each sample song in the music tab, despite each of them only existing on the device in one location.

Does anybody know how to fix this? It is quite annoying.

Last edited by Jordan88; 10-23-2008 at 03:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:15 AM
N00b

Anthrax-VX is a n00b
Re: Music and Storage

its basically a memory card built into the device, its a solid state memory chip that is permanantly inside the device, i can only assume its to save space of having the hardware that comes with reading a removable card. basically think of it as 2 hard drives in ur computer or possibly even 2 partitions.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:16 AM
N00b

Anthrax-VX is a n00b

or maybe saving cost
Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

oh ok. Thank you. now for insatlling songs and everything, is ot better to install them in a certain place, like inside or outside of the internal storage? and anyone know about that music thing?

btw, this thing is awesome. using my university's wi-fi and it is pretty fast
Old 10-23-2008, 05:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i store all music on internal and made a music folder. works fine. i also use mort player for playing music. great app. also has diff. skins and a alarm on it. heres a link for it. use vga also.http://www.sto-helit.de/mobile.php?m...n=list&menu=33

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-23-2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
i store all music on internal and made a music folder. works fine. i also use mort player for playing music. great app. also has diff. skins and a alarm on it. heres a link for it. use vga also.http://www.sto-helit.de/mobile.php?m...n=list&menu=33
So you liked MortPlayer, heh?
Old 10-23-2008, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ok, well i just deleted the music sample files and all is well, i am just worried that if i move any of the music that i add at a later date, that it will duplicate them in the music tab like it did with these.

Also, i notice that in any flashing / customizing / apps thread, everyone says to install to internal storage, and often under "program files". But on my phone program files (along with every other folder) is outside of internal storage. Do you guys just create a second program files folder? Or do you move all of the main folders into internal storage, although i thought that this would mess up tf3d and possibly prevent the phone from functioning from not being able to find files (such as from the windows folder).
Old 10-24-2008, 12:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS

GTOTURBO is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan88 View Post
Ok, well i just deleted the music sample files and all is well, i am just worried that if i move any of the music that i add at a later date, that it will duplicate them in the music tab like it did with these.

Also, i notice that in any flashing / customizing / apps thread, everyone says to install to internal storage, and often under "program files". But on my phone program files (along with every other folder) is outside of internal storage. Do you guys just create a second program files folder? Or do you move all of the main folders into internal storage, although i thought that this would mess up tf3d and possibly prevent the phone from functioning from not being able to find files (such as from the windows folder).

When installing a cab file, it will ask to install in either the main or the internal storage. Just select internal storage and it will create a "program files" folder in internal storage. Don't move folders from main!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Mortplayer i use as well.You think your happy with the Diamond wait until the Pro comes out. As for the heating issue and battery . Read my thread. Im urging all to call and complain
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 10-24-2008, 12:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks gtoturbo. Yeah, i was pretty sure i shouldn't move files from "my device" to "internal storage". I figured it might brick the device if suddenly it couldn't load WM6.1 or something. This being my first smartphone i am still getting used to how to store everything effectively. Also, i have only had it for two days and once i make sure it has no defects or issues i am flashing it, so i want to make sure how to use the thing in every way before voiding the warranty.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond