PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
return and exchange

sprint sent me an exchange/return kit so that I can return my diamond for another one.
do I have to include all accessories and the box? I am thinking of keeping the charger. will sprint charge me for missing a accessory?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:36 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 4G
Carrier: Telus

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff
Re: return and exchange

in my experience with returns, they wont send the new one till they confirm the other stuff is returned...if it's missing something, they'll prob ask you to ship it to them...
Old 10-22-2008, 08:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rogo22 is a n00b

insurance replacement? idk if the diamond/ppcs are differrnt, but with 4 krzrs and 3 fusic replacements thru asurion i always kept tje accesories. so i ended up with multiples of everything. but they never contacted mee or charged me
Old 10-22-2008, 08:38 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

I already received both new diamond and the return kit. exchaging for a defective diamond. no insurance
Old 10-22-2008, 09:16 PM
Almost a VIP

SmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuffSmknJoe knows their stuff

^^

Hey, then go ahead! What can they say at that point....
Old 10-22-2008, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

^^^ then sprint will charge his account if he doesn't return the box and it's accessories that come with the device. I used to work for sprint, they would charge people all the time thinking they could keep thing! Then you know have to return on your expense. ( I would tell to complain and say they didn't know and sprint would send another return kit). That doesn't work all the time!
Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 3gs 32gb
Carrier: At&t

skimco is a n00b

just return the phone and the battery thats all.....they will give you full credit....if you read the paper with it at the top it just says return the phone and the battery and then at the bottom it says something about the accessories but they dont care....I had to return a defective diamond and now i am returning another for the pro.....i kept the first box and all acccessories and i will keep all of the accessories for this one too
Old 10-22-2008, 09:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I did an advance exchange and was told just to send back the phone. I called back because I never got my return kit and the lady told me that there would be a $25 charge if anything was missing. I had her put me in touch with ATS and they said for an advance exchange all that they want is the defective device. I had them note that in my account.

Just to be safe, I would call back and ask just to be safe. It's only $25, but you can get a charger for $15.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

sprint equipment Return & Exchange letter said "phones must be received undamaged in original package,including accessories and other key components (manuals, packaging, batttery, charger, ear bug,clip, etc.)"
Old 10-22-2008, 10:10 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
sprint equipment Return & Exchange letter said "phones must be received undamaged in original package,including accessories and other key components (manuals, packaging, batttery, charger, ear bug,clip, etc.)"
you thought it was going to say something other than that?

Of course they want everything - they arent in the business to give away accessories, especially on a return.

IMHO, just return the crap. All of it. In the end, you'll feel better about it. You wont be looking at your bills months wishing they didnt find out.

How much is a charger, anyway?..like 25 bucks?....

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond