PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint PCS

Procter is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can we install Opera in internal storage while keeping the shortcut on TouchFlo3D?

Can we uninstall the stock Opera from internal memory and then re-install it in internal storage while keeping the shortcut in Touchflo 3D linked?

THanks
Old 10-23-2008, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
Re: Can we install Opera in internal storage while keeping the shortcut on TouchFlo3D

Just choose Internal Memory when you go to install it.

I just installed 9.5b2 and it is what loaded when I launched Opera from the TouchFlo Interface.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:58 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Can we install Opera in internal storage while keeping the shortcut on TouchFlo3D

Doesn't opera 9.5b2 overwrite the original opera files if installed to the device iteself? not internal storage(4Gb).
Old 10-23-2008, 01:31 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

just stop customization after hard reset and install after.
Old 10-23-2008, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
just stop customization after hard reset and install after.
This could not solve it I think. I personally would like to keep the sprint version of touchflo 3D since I like it. What I want to eventually do is to get most of the pre-installed software into internal storage while deleting those I don't need, i.e. Sprint Nav, music store etc. At the meantime, the Touchflo 3D could still work, all the shortcuts could accurately connected to software installed in internal storage.
Old 10-23-2008, 04:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

bridic is keeping up the good workbridic is keeping up the good work

I stopped the customization and then found the files in the windows folder and manually install them.

No issues.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:03 PM
Lurker

VW Beetle72 is a n00b

Opera is hardcoded to install to device even if you specify Internal Storage. See this thread for more info:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39478

Nonetheless, stopping the customization and installing everything you can to Internal Storage will free up a lot of space. I have almost 49 MB free in storage memory now, even with Opera installed to the device. And of course the tf3d web tab still works as well.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:07 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW Beetle72 View Post
Opera is hardcoded to install to device even if you specify Internal Storage. See this thread for more info:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39478

Nonetheless, stopping the customization and installing everything you can to Internal Storage will free up a lot of space. I have almost 49 MB free in storage memory now, even with Opera installed to the device. And of course the tf3d web tab still works as well.
me also, works perfect. i think i told op same thing.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK, please verify this: is the touchflo 3D still there when you stop the sprint customerization? For example, it has the Music tab which is for sprint music, and also sprint TV tab. Just can't beleive all tabs are still intact even you did not let Sprint customerization happen.

My experience before: Sprint Touch without customerization, all sprint stuff on "today" is gone, but in the cube, sprint TV/IM/Music tabs were there, but don't know how to link them to the right software. Even I installed them in memory, when press the tab, it gave me error message.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan

If you install the new Opera Beta it will not replace the one on your device. I installed it and it doesn't rotate like the diamond OEM one does, and it didn't really seem faster like the specifications say it would be. I will just wait for the next version once it's fully ready.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond