PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

rajivkamath is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cant get rebate without Everything Plan

Guys

I finally decide to chuck my reliable PPC 6700 and get a new HTC Diamond. I called Sprint and they told me i cant get the mail in rebate without changing my plan to a data package plan. I have a very old $80 2000min plan with a $15 data package plan for my PPC 6700. They want me to change from this to $129 1500min plan.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Rajiv
Old 10-20-2008, 02:39 PM
bigbilal04

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Cant get rebate without Everything Plan

call again and try to talk to someone else, this is clearly something they can do without a plan change. Also i did something clever with my mail in rebate. i waited a few weeks than i told them i lost my packing slip, and rebate form, and that i really needed the rebate. I did this through a single email. They than put 100 dollar credit on my account instantly. Ecare email works great.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivkamath View Post
Guys

I finally decide to chuck my reliable PPC 6700 and get a new HTC Diamond. I called Sprint and they told me i cant get the mail in rebate without changing my plan to a data package plan. I have a very old $80 2000min plan with a $15 data package plan for my PPC 6700. They want me to change from this to $129 1500min plan.

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Rajiv
that is an absolute LIE. U need to sign a two year agreement and be on a qualifying plan/data package. The 25 dollar power vision package is good enough. i work at sprint so believe me. Worse comes to worst, just stop at a retail store and snag a rebate slip and send it in. im looking at a rebate slip right now.....it reads:

Smart Devices

Unless data is included in your plan, requires data plan of $25 or higher. Hehe, ppcgeeks is not blocked on our servers!!!!

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!

Last edited by Success100; 10-20-2008 at 02:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

they told me that too, but then I said that i've been with them for a really long time and they did the rebate in a different way for me, through multiple credits on my upcoming bills.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
Hehe, ppcgeeks is not blocked on our servers!!!!
Hell no this site isn't blocked from Sprint's firewalls... they need this site to fix the problems with the phones they sell!
Old 10-20-2008, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Hell no this site isn't blocked from Sprint's firewalls... they need this site to fix the problems with the phones they sell!
lol damned straight!!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:08 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajivkamath View Post
Guys

Anyone any suggestions?

Thanks

Rajiv
here's what you do....call Account Services (aka Retentions), their direct # is 877-775-4886. Tell them you want to cancel, you're being offered a better deal elsewhere. Not only will you get the rebate, but have them charge the final price to your account so you don't have to fool w/ the mail in rebate.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:13 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

I gave you thanks Jenkins because it looked like you could use it
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:24 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I gave you thanks Jenkins because it looked like you could use it
i gave u thanks cuz u made me lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:13 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post
i gave u thanks cuz u made me lol
Well thanks for that.

LOL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond