PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2008, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

ocbizlaw is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Label Email Accounts

I have 3 email accounts (Hotmail, Gmail and work). The stock email icons in the email page do not have labels and I have not discovered a way to label them. They just appear as little yellow envelopes. Is there a way to label them so that I don't have to simply remember which is which?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond

scidmail is becoming a great contributor
Re: Label Email Accounts

When you click on each one the little envelope that pops up tells you which is which. I've just been looking at that as I have 4 accounts including picture mail currently there. I'd be interested to know if you find something better.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:42 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

The label is on the bottom left of the large envelope that holds the message. See the examples below...

Last edited by rainfreak; 10-20-2008 at 03:49 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 04:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

PynkFloydd is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to PynkFloydd

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocbizlaw View Post
I have 3 email accounts (Hotmail, Gmail and work). The stock email icons in the email page do not have labels and I have not discovered a way to label them. They just appear as little yellow envelopes. Is there a way to label them so that I don't have to simply remember which is which?

When you're setting up a new email, you can choose to name it whatever you want. On the second step, there's an option called "Account Display Name". Naming it something completely different than the actual account won't affect your login. I think the onscreen keyboard hides it though so, just scroll down.

Unfortunately, I don't think you can rename an email account after you've set it up. Just delete, set up again and you're all set.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

ocbizlaw is a n00b

That's not the issue. I know that after you click on a mail folder you can read what it is. But when you slide over to messages, you only see 4 unlabled icons on the right of the screen and you can see how many messages are in each one but there is no lable visible.
Old 10-21-2008, 10:55 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I hope the sender of this picture is referring to server racks...
Old 10-21-2008, 11:25 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
I hope the sender of this picture is referring to server racks...
That was me sending them, and yes I was. You have seen my pictures of them, have you not?
Old 10-21-2008, 11:37 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
That was me sending them, and yes I was. You have seen my pictures of them, have you not?
Hahaha yea I saw them... And I'm uuber jealous!
Old 10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

You should see the new server I just got. Me thinks you would likey...

Dell PowerEdge 2950 (2U) rackmount with two 3.4 Ghz Quad Core CPUs, 8 GB or RAM, one 73 GB 15K RPM (hot swap) SCSI drive for the primary and three 300 GB 15K RPM (hot swap) SCSI drives (RAID, duh) for secondary drives.

And this is just for recording our phone calls from our IP phone system. Plus it backs up to my 2 TB NAS server on a monthly basis. As it stands I will be able to store 8 years of phone recordings without having to add more storage...

Old 10-22-2008, 05:01 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
You should see the new server I just got. Me thinks you would likey...

Dell PowerEdge 2950 (2U) rackmount with two 3.4 Ghz Quad Core CPUs, 8 GB or RAM, one 73 GB 15K RPM (hot swap) SCSI drive for the primary and three 300 GB 15K RPM (hot swap) SCSI drives (RAID, duh) for secondary drives.

And this is just for recording our phone calls from our IP phone system. Plus it backs up to my 2 TB NAS server on a monthly basis. As it stands I will be able to store 8 years of phone recordings without having to add more storage...

I.... I....

just made a mess over my keyboard.

And how often does it back up? Because with RAID-0 running on 3 drives, you are tempting fate with the odds of... you know

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond