PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 08:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

batman31 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Email Help?

Just reaching out to the community for some email help? I have my email for work setup using a microsoft exchange server web site. Right now I use system seven but for some reason on the diamond its been giving me a lot of problems?

Alternatives??

Thx in advance!
Old 10-19-2008, 08:22 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Email Help?

I have been syncing with my exchange server at work since I got my Diamond, and my Touch before that, and my Mogul before that, and my Touch before that.

I have never had a problem. But I also cannot help you as I need more specifics. What are the "problems" that it has been giving you? If you try to be more specific, I will try to help you.
Old 10-19-2008, 08:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

batman31 is a n00b

What program are you using? I am looking for a way to do this? Do I need an actual third party program? I think I do...
Old 10-19-2008, 08:47 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

I have an Exchange server at work, so I just use ActiveSync on my Diamond to connect to my server and keep it synced. If you don't have an Exchange server you can use any one of a million Exchange hosting services or there are a few free ones available. Though I have found that you get what you pay for.

Does your office have an Exchange server or a hoted Exchange solution?
Old 10-19-2008, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Tardis + Sonic Screwdriver
Carrier: Torchwood

The Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good workThe Doctor is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman31 View Post
Just reaching out to the community for some email help? I have my email for work setup using a microsoft exchange server web site. Right now I use system seven but for some reason on the diamond its been giving me a lot of problems?

Alternatives??

Thx in advance!
They (SEVEN) just released an update for WM6.1, maybe it will help.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

batman31 is a n00b

I'm not sure what my work offers? Its a large hospital and other people use an internal client that they won't support. All I know is to check my email I go to a website that says Microsoft Access Outlook Web Access? Here is the website:
https://phsexchweb.partners.org/exch...hange&reason=2

As far as seven goes... this is the update that constantly tells you that your ppc has no battery left and disconnects? Argh
Old 10-19-2008, 09:32 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Your office has an Exchange 2003 server so you are good on that end. What you need to do is open ActiveSync on your Diamond and setup a new sync to exchange. You will need to enter your network username and password, as well as the internal domain name for the office (i.e. partnerhealtcare.com, etc.).

There is however one caveat. Your account has to be flagged in Active Directory to be allowed to sync with a PPC. You also may or may not be required to use a server certificate. You can try it on your own but if you cannot get it to work, you will probably need to speak with somene in IT at the hospital.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-19-2008, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

batman31 is a n00b

Thx...

The people at my hospital will only support "treo's" and "crackberries"! I tried going behind their back once before and it didnt work.. Maybe I need to revisit this?
Old 10-19-2008, 09:49 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Wow, they are kind of picky, heh? Yeah, I would recommend trying it first and if that doesn't work, ask them again. You never know, maybe someone will be nice and help you this time.

I know I tried and I don't know you or work with you
Old 10-19-2008, 10:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

batman31 is a n00b

Looks like I am pretty close... Any ideas on how to figure out what the domain would be?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond