PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-19-2008, 01:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tmc_adio07 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A few minor issues?

Hello all, this is my first time posting on this board, sorry to start it out with questions. Ive been reading around here for about 2-3 weeks now. Well Ive had the diamond phone for this time and I really love the features and extra apps I was able to add thanks to this forum but I have a few questions that idk if it can be resolved or not.

1) I notice that if i set a custom song (ringtone) to "Incoming Text Message", it will constantly play the song until it is over, not even pressing the "Dismiss" button solves it?
2)Whenever I run Opera, it constantly brings up the keyboard while Im using the internet....is there another build I can download to resolve this?
3) I notice that this has been asked a few time but it has simply been thrown out...but is it true WM6 is not too reliable on staying on all night on the charger? Its only happened once but ive noticed that its turned itself off during the night.
4) Not really an issue, but is there a cool calculator out there that does Weight, Unit, and tip? I liked that function on my old instinct, but if not...oh well. Ill live.

Thanks for any and all the help guys, im loving this forum.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:54 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: A few minor issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc_adio07 View Post

1) I notice that if i set a custom song (ringtone) to "Incoming Text Message", it will constantly play the song until it is over, not even pressing the "Dismiss" button solves it?
Try using the mp3trimmer software and cut the "song" you want to use to a satisfactory length. Its built right into the phone.
Quote:
2)Whenever I run Opera, it constantly brings up the keyboard while Im using the internet....is there another build I can download to resolve this?
You need to disable the sip popup. The tweaker program "DiamondTweaks" found on various threads here will allow you to so so. You can always click on the icon to bring keyboard up when you need it.
Quote:
3) I notice that this has been asked a few time but it has simply been thrown out...but is it true WM6 is not too reliable on staying on all night on the charger? Its only happened once but ive noticed that its turned itself off during the night.
I'm lucky, I guess, it hasn't happened to me as of yet so I can not comment.
Quote:
4) Not really an issue, but is there a cool calculator out there that does Weight, Unit, and tip? I liked that function on my old instinct, but if not...oh well. Ill live.
Try a search for windows mobile 6 tip calculators.. I found this one that looks pretty interesting. I'll bet there's also some free ones out there.
http://www.pocketgear.com/en_US/html...98&sf=48190044
Quote:

Thanks for any and all the help guys, im loving this forum.
Hope it helped even a little bit! Welcome aboard.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:36 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

welcome, heres link for diamond tweek. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=409540
Old 10-20-2008, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

awesome, thanks guys I really appreciate it. Only thing that's still irritating is the SMS ringer, I mean yeah I can cut it down but if it's too short I won't hear it, I just want to be able to either press "Dismiss" or open it to stop the ringtone. There's no way that can be done?
Another thing, but Idk if it's normal....but does anyone's screen seem to dim (not too dim, just barely noticible) then brighten back up? it'll do it a few times while i'm on the internet or sending texts. Running Juicy Rom .Thanks again guys
Old 10-20-2008, 01:05 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The dim thing is the device adjusting to the available light. You can turn this off in the backlight settings.

As far as the ringer goes, thats a Windows Mobile thing. Either trim it down or live with it.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ah okay thanks for that. worked. just a little irritating about the ringtone...no one knows if a fix is out for that?
Old 10-20-2008, 04:07 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmc_adio07 View Post
ah okay thanks for that. worked. just a little irritating about the ringtone...no one knows if a fix is out for that?
Typical email and text message alerts are only 1-2 seconds, for a reason. I am not aware of a way to dismiss them once they start, as far as I understood that was an issue with Windows Mobile. But seriously, make your life easier and use shorter tones.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond