PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2008, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

ivtec20 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help - New Diamond with random stuff on internal memory

OK, Sprint replaced a damaged Diamond with a 'new' one. It came fully wrapped in the box, with the plastic still on, the battery in the bag, with all new wires, plugs, etc. It was clearly brand new, just like the first one I got.

But, when I turned it on and checked out the internal storage, there were random pictures and music already loaded. Everything on there is dated 9/17/08 and is not mine. Any thoughts on what happened?
Old 10-18-2008, 07:09 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Help - New Diamond with random stuff on internal memory

Open phone app, type ##778# and click View.

Scroll down and look for Refurbishment Status. I'l bet it says Yes.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:12 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ive had three diamonds so far and all had the same thing. all diff. pics and music. only two songs on each phone but diff. on each phone. your fine. go into windows folder and look at some of those dates.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ivtec20 is a n00b

No, refurb status no. In fact, life counter is just 7 minutes. So why does this have stuff on it already??
Old 10-18-2008, 07:26 PM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivtec20 View Post
No, refurb status no. In fact, life counter is just 7 minutes. So why does this have stuff on it already??
There with the stock sprint rom.

P.S. under Document on the internal sd.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:27 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

I don't know, something that HTC did maybe, for testing in DEV. Or maybe they install random pics and songs to keep each one fresh and different, I don't know.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ivtec20 is a n00b

And it's not just a few songs or pics. It's a ton of stuff. My internal storage card only has 500MB's free. Too bad I don't like the music, it's a lot of older stuff. All the pictures are of older people, too.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

im tellin ya, i have three with the same deal. none are refurbs. there all sitting on my table waiting fir sprint to send bubble pack to send them back. one im on and two on the table. htc likes to play games maybe.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:33 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Maybe it is a refurb and they didn't flag it as such? That sounds very strange to me. I would call Sprint and have them note it on my account, if I were you.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

ivtec20 is a n00b

Yeah, it is very strange. I've had a Mogul, Touch, and now the Diamond. I've had refurbs before, as well. Never has anything like this happened. It appears like someone had sinked this with their computer, all their pictures (in various folders) and all their music. All on 9/17/08. But again, this came new to me, new in a box, wrapped.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond