PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

kaiguy is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Diamond charger

This may be a horribly stupid question (I apologize in advance), but can I use my old Touch charger with the Diamond? I thought they were both mini-USB, but the USB cable for the Diamond has a slightly different shape. I think the old one will fit, however...

Thanks in advance.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:02 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak
Re: Diamond charger

I use my old Touch charger at home in my family room and have not had a problem yet.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

same here. i use a bunch of different USB chargers

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2008, 06:12 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
same here. i use a bunch of different USB chargers
Yeah, I treat my USB and power adapters like $lut$... I'll use them for just about anything, pass them around, let others use them for whatever and then toss 'em out when I am done...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:30 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Yeah, I treat my USB and power adapters like $lut$... I'll use them for just about anything, pass them around, let others use them for whatever and then toss 'em out when I am done...
WwwwoowwwW! lol

yeah i'm putting all of my usb chargers to use either around the house or in my office at work. been accumulating them since the apache...

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 10-16-2008, 10:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS

GTOTURBO is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiguy View Post
This may be a horribly stupid question (I apologize in advance), but can I use my old Touch charger with the Diamond? I thought they were both mini-USB, but the USB cable for the Diamond has a slightly different shape. I think the old one will fit, however...

Thanks in advance.
Yeah it's pretty useless the custom shape connector. It's still a mini usb with 5v supply. And actually a regular mini usb cable will connect to the diamond! No need to use their proprietary shape cable at all! Hope no one was crazy enough to shell out money for another proprietary shape cable.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

HTC Branded Chargers have a higher amperage however so Keep that in mind. Try plugging a Motorola charger in and see what happens. The longer charger time is significant enough for me not to buy an after market charger except for my car.
Old 10-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOTURBO View Post
Yeah it's pretty useless the custom shape connector. It's still a mini usb with 5v supply. And actually a regular mini usb cable will connect to the diamond! No need to use their proprietary shape cable at all! Hope no one was crazy enough to shell out money for another proprietary shape cable.
The proprietary charger was designed to work with standard cables. It is custom because it allows the phone to output even more data than standard 5-pin USB [such as TV-out]
Old 10-16-2008, 11:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC DIAMOND
Carrier: TELUS

GTOTURBO is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
The proprietary charger was designed to work with standard cables. It is custom because it allows the phone to output even more data than standard 5-pin USB [such as TV-out]
I see. No wonder there were 11 pins, 5 for standard usb and 6 proprietary. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung for the "Moment"

pg2k3 is becoming a great contributor

And theres still 3 pins left for another feature. Composite cables only need 3 not including the ground wire.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond