PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21
Opera browser

Forgive me if this has been asked already but is there a way to stop Opera from defaulting to the mobile version of most websites. Everytime I type in www.espn.com it takes me to m.espn.com the mobile site and I've had this same problem with other websites as well.

Thanks
Old 10-20-2008, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oakie45 is just getting started
Re: Opera browser

I'm having the same problem and was wondering if you found a fix.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:27 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Forgive me if this has been asked already but is there a way to stop Opera from defaulting to the mobile version of most websites. Everytime I type in www.espn.com it takes me to m.espn.com the mobile site and I've had this same problem with other websites as well.

Thanks
post 4 is your fix for opera. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40995
Old 10-21-2008, 12:06 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

oakie45 is just getting started

I've tried it and it did not work. If I did something wrong or if there is something else to try I would love to know. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-21-2008, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro
Carrier: sprint

akareem27 is a n00b

me,too still doesn't work after saving and soft resetting
Old 10-21-2008, 01:09 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

i didn't soft reset after, it does work. not on ie though.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

clue11 is a n00b

Worked for me. Didn't have to soft restart. Just had to restart Opera.

Make sure you scroll ALL THE WAY down after changing the value and click on "Save"

Also after you restart Opera, go back to User Preferences and double check that the change was saved.
Old 10-21-2008, 11:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo 800w

k5beason is a n00b

an easy fix is to use espn.go.com works for me everytime even after changing the profile opera uses it defaulted to espn mobile.
Old 10-21-2008, 01:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

well, although it worked for me I guess I'll go back to default since this is too slow and some pages seem to get destroyed by mobile crossover
Old 10-21-2008, 01:26 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by violent31601 View Post
well, although it worked for me I guess I'll go back to default since this is too slow and some pages seem to get destroyed by mobile crossover
try all the steps again, i was on espn.com checking hockey scores and it looked fine there and on msnbc.com.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond