PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2008, 03:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gemilove is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How to make "windows" folder visible from active sync

as you can see i'm a very noob in these things...
i'm trying to put a file into the "mobile device/windows" folder but cannot see it from active sync, when i can see it from the device itself.
I am assuming there is some kind of one-step "show all" click like desktop comp.

thanks
Old 10-15-2008, 04:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How to make "windows" folder visible from active sync

nope, just put it in a different location then move it on your device
Old 10-15-2008, 07:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Alltel w/Sprint phone

njkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnjkid32 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

On your computer go into your folder options and uncheck "Hide protected operating system files". Then you will be able to see the windows folder on your ppc while in active sync. Its just about worthless though because you wont have the permissions to overwrite files. You will only be able to add new files or explore the folder.

Hope this helps
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

That would be a global setting, so your pc would be affected by this change also.
Old 10-15-2008, 09:50 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

yea if you enable yourself to see protected files in your computer remember that you have just made it 90000 times easier to screw up your machine if you start messing with the new files you've never seen before.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

I mean... I use it to see system files such as the windows folder, it makes adding codecs etc much easier.
Old 10-15-2008, 11:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

prdstm0nke is a n00b

just click "explore" in active sync, click "my windows mobie-based device", erase the backslash in the address bar, type '"windows" (without quotes), wait 10 seconds or so and there you go..
Old 10-15-2008, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Another thing that helps is a good file management app on your device. It will help you locate, move, and generally make working with files on your device much easier. Two good ones are Total Commander (free) and Resco Explorer (commercial, but w/ a trial).
BTW, good to see a fellow So Cal geek on the forums...

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Threadstarter

gemilove is a n00b

Thank you all...
I didn't have the chance to open the threads today until now and wow..
a lot of responses. and they all help and teach me numerous ways to deal things.
once again thank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond