PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Ok... New Problem when Plugged in USB...

Hello all.

If you guys remember me, Im the guy who had the 2 Internal Storage's after receiving a Picture Message when plugged in USB.

I fixed the internal storage problem by deleting and resetting and then moving files around and then reseting and crossing my fingers and it fixed itself magically.

Cue to today.... and Im in USB mode, just charging the phone at work. I go to make a call... and all my favorites are gone.

Ok... so I hit that "all contacts" softkey.... and they too are all gone.

Damn it. EVERY SINGLE CONTACT GONE. DO THEY KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO GET THEM IN THERE... WITH NO KEYBOARD! *@#&*!@^#!*(#@

What is up with the errors when plugged in via USB? I really need to be plugged in at work for my battery to last the whole day.

Anything we can do? Do the "custom" ROMS correct this issue? Can we fix it without loading a new ROM? Who can I kick for such an annoying problem? Or do I just have a faulty unit? (Hehe)

Thanks for your help. I know this is new technology.... but geeeze.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:49 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Ok... New Problem when Plugged in USB...

Ok... that is really weird.

Do your contacts reappear when you're not in USB mode? If so, you could to a PIM backup, then restore while in USB mode. But still, I believe you have a defective unit.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Hello all.

If you guys remember me, Im the guy who had the 2 Internal Storage's after receiving a Picture Message when plugged in USB.

I fixed the internal storage problem by deleting and resetting and then moving files around and then reseting and crossing my fingers and it fixed itself magically.

Cue to today.... and Im in USB mode, just charging the phone at work. I go to make a call... and all my favorites are gone.

Damn it. EVERY SINGLE CONTACT GONE. DO THEY KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK ME TO GET THEM IN THERE... WITH NO KEYBOARD! *@#&*!@^#!*(#@

What is up with the errors when plugged in via USB? I really need to be plugged in at work for my battery to last the whole day.

Anything we can do? Do the "custom" ROMS correct this issue? Can we fix it without loading a new ROM? Who can I kick for such an annoying problem? Or do I just have a faulty unit? (Hehe)

I would say tkae it back and get the Pro. I have had my items disappera as well. I took back my phone and got 2 new ones already. Still same problems. I'm wating for the pro. Each time I get the new phone my 30 days is reset.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Threadstarter

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik

Quote:
Originally Posted by saumaun View Post
Ok... that is really weird.

Do your contacts reappear when you're not in USB mode? If so, you could to a PIM backup, then restore while in USB mode. But still, I believe you have a defective unit.
I wish it was as wierd as you say. I have had nothing but problems everytime this thing is plugged in Via USB. No they did not come back. I used DASHWIRE to restore all my contacts. Best damn program I have ever used. Its not for those information crazies, but it helps me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
I would say tkae it back and get the Pro. I have had my items disappera as well. I took back my phone and got 2 new ones already. Still same problems. I'm wating for the pro. Each time I get the new phone my 30 days is reset.
God bless. Im glad Im not the only one experiencing these weird issues. I am waiting for the pro. I just wish I didnt have to. And there is no garuntee that this wont happen with the Pro, considering how alike these 2 devices are.
Old 10-14-2008, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

cappy is keeping up the good workcappy is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdikrik View Post
Hello all.

When my device is connected as a USB drive, I cannot access Internal Storage from the device. That is likely your problem. If you disconnect from the computer, your device should go back to normal. Depending upon what programs are accessing Internal Storage you may also need to soft reset.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:02 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4g

Tenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regularTenny is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Tenny

Also Mobile Device Center might have overwritten all your contacts if nothing is set up in there.. I had that happen once, completely user error (in my instance) but something like that could also be happening.

But since you are having a ton of problems, I really would suggest getting another unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcus_cruz View Post
It's not a phone wide problem, or many others would have already chimed in about this. It seems to be rare, either you are at fault, or extremely unlucky.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond