PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2008, 11:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

Duster78 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Looking for an App to rotate QWERTY into landscape in messaging

has anyone come across an app that will use the G sensor to rotate the screen into landscape for text messaging and email. I tried Gyrator 2 but it was a bit buggy and seemed to drain the battery quicker. i installed it while on charger, took it off the charger played with it for 15 min and my battery was down to 84%. All i want is the ability to type in landscape, nothing else.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: Looking for an App to rotate QWERTY into landscape in messaging

theres a screen rotater exe floating around here that you can map to a long press of send. gimme a minute and ill look for a link.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

killerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkillerkhatiby009 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to killerkhatiby009

I too really want this, it would make texting so much easier, but I believe as of right now, there is no stable way to do this using the g sensor. You could always assign screen rotation to a button hold using a registry edit that is on this forum.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
Blabber mouth

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38642

unzip, then place a shortcut of this exe into your windows startmenu programs folder then you can map this to a longpress of the send key and when your in whatever program you want to rotate just hold down the talk button.

**EDIT** fixed the link

Last edited by cornelious2; 10-14-2008 at 08:16 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Duster78 is a n00b

thanks i will try it right now

Last edited by Duster78; 10-13-2008 at 12:17 PM.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:17 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Duster78 is a n00b

well i placed the exe file in the windows>start up folder but it doesnt do anything, how do i access the program, it doesnt look like it installed?
Old 10-13-2008, 12:21 PM
Blabber mouth

dont place the exe, put a shortcut to it. copy the file then use pase as shortcut rather than normal paste.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:04 PM
AWOL
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2 and Samsung Moment

indagroove is keeping up the good workindagroove is keeping up the good work

Gsensor app that works on all devices:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=40174
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:45 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

clue11 is a n00b

I tried mapping the send key to a shortcut of the RBc9-LandTray-L. But when I try it out in text messaging, nothing happens. The top right of the screen shows that the program started but my keyboard doesn't change to landscape? Can anyone help please?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:16 AM
Blabber mouth

oops i posed the wrong link its http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=38642 for the screen rotate exe

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond