PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2008, 06:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
finally got to touch the Touch Diamond...

So I went to my local sprint store, and found a Touch Diamond on display. I played with it, knowing well that being a demo model it may not be very responsive with all the people playing on it.

So I ran the youtube app on it (very nice) and I noticed that the video was kinda choppy but excellent quality. Opera was great too, but kinda choppy too...but not dissapointed about it.

Anyways, for those with Sprint Diamonds, have you noticed the Youtube app being a lil choppy? Or does it play very smoothly?

Also I couldn't get the Virtual Reality app to run very well on it.

Thoughts?
Old 10-12-2008, 06:41 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k
Re: finally got to touch the Touch Diamond...

what setting was the youtube app on? fast download or high quality? on my titan its beautiful but slightly choppy on high quality, but its smooth as silk on fast download just doesn't look as pretty. but its not horrid either.
Don't forget to hit the

Old 10-12-2008, 06:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylej2k View Post
what setting was the youtube app on? fast download or high quality? on my titan its beautiful but slightly choppy on high quality, but its smooth as silk on fast download just doesn't look as pretty. but its not horrid either.
Hmm...not sure...I didn't check that. The quality was excellent, so it probably was on high quality. I'm sure it's something that can be fixed in a potential ROM update I'm sure.

I'm still very excited for this phone though, I want it, and I see a lot of potential for it too...
Old 10-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Geek'n it Up
Pocket PC: xv6700 >> xv6800 >> BB Storm
Carrier: Red Devil Verizon

Lylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on repLylej2k is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Lylej2k

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post
Hmm...not sure...I didn't check that. The quality was excellent, so it probably was on high quality. I'm sure it's something that can be fixed in a potential ROM update I'm sure.

I'm still very excited for this phone though, I want it, and I see a lot of potential for it too...
I'm waiting on the pro... loves my keyboard! however i am a little excited about the blackberry storm, might have to check that out whenever it shows up.
Old 10-12-2008, 07:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

tntsniper is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by groovdafied View Post

Its prob not something that can be updated... The Youtube app can run off of Sprints Evdo Rev A or Wifi. If it was running on wifi and it was choppy on high quality then somethings wrong. But if it was running on Evdo Rev A you might see a bit more choppy video due to the data connection.

I've set mine to fast download on data connection and the quality is pretty good and it isn't choppy at all. If i set it on High Quality then its a little choppy.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me
Old 10-12-2008, 10:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tntsniper View Post
Its prob not something that can be updated... The Youtube app can run off of Sprints Evdo Rev A or Wifi. If it was running on wifi and it was choppy on high quality then somethings wrong. But if it was running on Evdo Rev A you might see a bit more choppy video due to the data connection.

I've set mine to fast download on data connection and the quality is pretty good and it isn't choppy at all. If i set it on High Quality then its a little choppy.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask me
Hmm...I'm hoping that it can be fixed, just like how a lot of things started working well with the ROM updates on the mogul, so anything is possible with software

I'm totally excited, that phone felt great!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

mbord is just getting started

I have had mine since day one when I ordered online...about a month now ( stores still dont have by my house) . I look at you tube all the time...it works fine....not choppy at all!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:46 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbord View Post
I have had mine since day one when I ordered online...about a month now ( stores still dont have by my house) . I look at you tube all the time...it works fine....not choppy at all!
Same here, on data connection (not Wifi). Don't know why others are getting choppy video...
Old 10-14-2008, 11:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

sketchy09 is a n00b

I get choppy video until the clip is fully downloaded, then it plays smooth as silk. What I usually do is begin the download, pause playback until the whole thing is buffered, then resume playback.

-R
Old 10-14-2008, 11:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Ahhh, ya, the video wasn't buffered all the way, this I know. I will try that next time. Plus did anybody get the Virtual Reality to work on the Diamond?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond