PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

NighthawkIX is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Diamond for $149.99!

Just placed an order for a new HTC Diamond today through telesales, and I received $100 off the list price. Complained to eCare about how my Mogul kept locking up and generally not working, got a response telling me to purchase the new Diamond through telesales in order to get the phone for $249.99 before mail in rebates.

Phone should get here on Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't wait! Anything I should look forwards to or avoid after I get it? (upgrading from the Mogul/Titan)
Old 10-11-2008, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Re: HTC Diamond for $149.99!

Wear thermal underwear so it does not burn your skin in your pocket
Old 10-11-2008, 08:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

NighthawkIX is a n00b

It gets that hot??
Old 10-11-2008, 08:50 PM
N00b

flacab23 is becoming a great contributor

I got my diamond for $100. I had my girlfriend call in and tell them I hated my htc touch and I was going to leave sprint. They asked if they could call me and she said "yeah if you want him to cancel service right now go ahead". so of course they called me back and said we are really sorry for the trouble how about we offer you a new diamond for $100.00 with now contract extend and no 2 year ugrade. which means I can still get my 2 year upgrade that I already have. this I like because if any new phones come out soon I can get that. and I kept my touch.

PS it does not get that hot. people complain about the battery all of the time but it has a better battery than my touch and the vx6700 from verizon I had. it even has a better battery then the ipaq pda I used to have, so stop complaining. people want all of these features and want it to do 10 things at once while cupping your nuts but get mad when the battery doesn't last as long as their 1990 brick phone with a over the sholder battery pack that weighed like 10lbs. sorry. I just hate winers. as for the people that have a diamond that only last 1-2 hours with out doing anything then yes you have a problem get a new battery.

Last edited by flacab23; 10-11-2008 at 08:55 PM.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:50 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by NighthawkIX View Post
It gets that hot??
no not that hot. but it gets warm
Old 10-11-2008, 09:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

Quote:
It gets that hot??
I'm exaggerating (notice the wink) but sometimes it gets very very very warm and when it does it eats battery.
Old 10-11-2008, 09:27 PM
N00b

shortstack2000 is a n00b

Quote:
Just placed an order for a new HTC Diamond today through telesales, and I received $100 off the list price. Complained to eCare about how my Mogul kept locking up and generally not working, got a response telling me to purchase the new Diamond through telesales in order to get the phone for $249.99 before mail in rebates.

Phone should get here on Tuesday or Wednesday. Can't wait! Anything I should look forwards to or avoid after I get it? (upgrading from the Mogul/Titan)
should have fought harder, there are tons of post, mine included, of people who got retentions to swap them straight across a mogul for a diamond.

Congrats on the phone though, im not missing the mogul one bit!!
Old 10-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortstack2000 View Post
should have fought harder, there are tons of post, mine included, of people who got retentions to swap them straight across a mogul for a diamond.

Congrats on the phone though, im not missing the mogul one bit!!
Yep, you should have. I got both my moguls replaced with a diamond and a touch pro and I didn't even have to ask, they actually offered.

Old 10-11-2008, 09:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

groovdafied is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Wear thermal underwear so it does not burn your skin in your pocket
Hopefully they'll hear about these complaints and find a way to fix that with a future ROM update soon? I have no big gripe about my phone getting hot (the mogul) sometimes.

But ya, HTC hear our plea, and perhaps fix this with a ROM update.

KTHXBAI
Old 10-11-2008, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800-> Diamond

freegood is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flacab23 View Post
PS it does not get that hot. people complain about the battery all of the time but it has a better battery than my touch and the vx6700 from verizon I had. it even has a better battery then the ipaq pda I used to have, so stop complaining. people want all of these features and want it to do 10 things at once while cupping your nuts but get mad when the battery doesn't last as long as their 1990 brick phone with a over the sholder battery pack that weighed like 10lbs. sorry. I just hate winers. as for the people that have a diamond that only last 1-2 hours with out doing anything then yes you have a problem get a new battery.
I had the misfortune of using the cupping nuts feature after watching some Youtube streams on it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond