PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Telus

Incubated is keeping up the good workIncubated is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS help

i tried making the gps work, but i seemed to have failed, ignorantly.

i followed the steps. installed all the stuff, wrote on the phone, successfully, but when i go to google maps, it searches forever, and my location does not work. any idea whhere i could have gone wrong?
Old 10-11-2008, 09:11 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community
Re: GPS help

OMFG.

You really need to stop asking the same question in 2, 3, 4 threads. People who are knowledgable on the subjects might be more inclined to answer when they're not annoyed. You're not that new, you should know this isn't the way to approach your problems. As a community we try to answer your questions in a timely matter, but this is rediculous.

Now I'm going to be annoyed and tell you to use the search function, as this is addressed all the time, including in other threads you've posted in.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:58 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

ok sorry. it is my bad. won't happen again.
Old 10-12-2008, 03:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

i've rea through the entire gps post and didn't findany help. can you please direct me to the right spot?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:18 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Sorry, mine works fine so I don't have a lot of recommendations for you. Maybe try reading that thread again and see if you missed anything?
Old 10-12-2008, 09:29 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ill try, does your gps work at all? the sprint one. try using gps from your programs setting. no google maps. also hows your signal strength?
Old 10-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

my signal is fine. i updated to newest prl also, and am on juicy 2.5

google maps can find stuff on the map, like if i type a location it will go there, but when i press activate gps, it seeks satelites without success, seeking0 satelites...

i ma on telus, not sprint, and when i had the stock rom i dint give telus navigator a try, now i don't have it. i think i followed the instructions quite well. i wrote that stuff to the phone and i know its there because whe ni read from it again, its no longer 0 . 0. 0. 0. so the settings are saved. after i did the settings, and it wastn't working, i installed teh cab file, but also didn't change much.

quick gps seems fine, though
Old 10-12-2008, 01:30 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ok, um lets try diff. maps then. try using amAze gps. link here, http://www.amazegps.com/welcome.php

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 10-12-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Old 10-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

tried amaze. still tells me the satelite is not working

says no satelite reception
Old 10-12-2008, 03:05 PM
acs tester

your reception is good right? im out then. maybe uninstall all third party gps apps. and try again. i have no problems but im not flashed. sorry, goodluck

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond