PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2008, 09:10 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

raculpeper is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cool Diamond arriving, just stocked accessories!

I searched a few threads to see if anyone els had posted, but didn't see anything. For all of the patient Alltel users that have going back and forth over purchasing a Diamond from another carrier and converting, you may want to hold out. I'm a Sr. Wireless Consultant for one of our local branches and we received Diamond accessories in our new shipment yesterday, which means that the Diamond will be hitting the store within the next 2 weeks. If this is old news, I apologize, but I know the frustrations of waiting for Alltel to release phones that other carriers have already started selling. I've spoken to countless merchandising personnel and the Touch Pro release seems to be pending with the Verizon merger on the horizon. hope someone found this useful.

~RC
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:14 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit
Re: Diamond arriving, just stocked accessories!

Nice, anyone here an Alltel user?
Old 10-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I have my entire family on Alltel because just one Sprint bill with three teens would make me homicidal. My Circle is really just allowing the Circle of Life to continue....

And I just got my wife a touch about two weeks ago... wish I had known this was coming so quickly and I would have held out for the Dimaond for her.
Old 10-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I have my entire family on Alltel because just one Sprint bill with three teens would make me homicidal. My Circle is really just allowing the Circle of Life to continue....

And I just got my wife a touch about two weeks ago... wish I had known this was coming so quickly and I would have held out for the Diamond for her.
sides hurty... laugh to much

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-10-2008, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Verizon

doctorPDA is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the info raculpeper... If you can say, which Diamond accessories arrived? Bionic1ball could use a replacement back if you have them (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39204).

abovelegit, I'm an Alltel user... I've been patiently waiting for the Alltel Diamond because Sprint service is not superb in my area. However, if the merger goes through, I could be a Verizon user by early next year (but without a crippled Diamond!).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2008, 09:12 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon Wireless
Threadstarter

raculpeper is just getting started
Cool Re: Diamond arriving, just stocked accessories!

So far just the leather case and the charging accessories. I'm supposed to be speaking with our inventory manager tomorrow and he should be able to give a release date. I got a chance to go by the Sprint store yesterday (yeah with all my Alltel gear on, lol) and checked out the Diamond. It was very fluid, the Touch Flo 3D was ultra responsive and I can only hope that the version that we receive is the same as that one. I would think that it would be, seeing as how Sprint's PPC6800 (a.k.a. Mogul) and Alltel's were exactly the same. The only carrier that ever seems to differ is Verizon. While i'm looking forward to the overall coverage improvement, I can only wonder, will this be Alltel's last "true" smartphone? Also the Sprint manager did say that the Touch Pro would be arriving in two weeks...I'm considering bringing it over to Alltel, because I havent heard if we'll be receiving that in time for the holidays or not.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by abovelegit View Post
Nice, anyone here an Alltel user?
I am an alltel user and i am going to be upgradeing 2 lines one to a Diamond and the 2nd to a Touch Pro..

Shell
Old 10-12-2008, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorPDA View Post
Thanks for the info raculpeper... If you can say, which Diamond accessories arrived? Bionic1ball could use a replacement back if you have them (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39204).

abovelegit, I'm an Alltel user... I've been patiently waiting for the Alltel Diamond because Sprint service is not superb in my area. However, if the merger goes through, I could be a Verizon user by early next year (but without a crippled Diamond!).
Thanks so much for considering me man.
although I already got a replacement phone so i got a new back
Old 10-12-2008, 03:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

doctorPDA is becoming a great contributor

raculpeper, thanks for the info! Let us know when you know a release date. Check out this post on Howard Forums (http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...1#post11800511) by muscles_soccer; he said a local Alltel rep told him that the phone will not "be released until late Nov./ early December; something about HTC having troubles with windows 6.1 on the sprint versions of the phone."

bionic1ball, any time man. Glad you got a new device! The Alltel Diamond back should be dark grey; so if Alltell sells them, you can consider buying it rather than trying another air brushing!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

htcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhtcsql is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post

And I just got my wife a touch about two weeks ago... wish I had known this was coming so quickly and I would have held out for the Dimaond for her.
Not sure if you know it but you can still get the Diamond if you return the Touch before the first 30 days expires. Smartphones at Alltel recieve a 30 day trial. You could take it back and still keep the account but be free to upgrade to the Diamond at the end of the month or the Pro next month . I know because I just took a Smartphone back to Alltel that I purchased last week. I still have the line but it is now attached to my previous phone with no contract so when the Diamond drops I am free to upgrade my service to that phone. Hope this helps you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond