PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 03:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

denttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to denttarek Send a message via Skype™ to denttarek
Htc diamond different screen qualities

Well i have 4 different lines and they were all up for upgrade so i got for diamonds ,my wife didn't care much for it so i ended up selling 2
but when i got them i opened it ,activated the phone right away and after few hours the battery back felt so flimsy and like it did not fit right like everytime i have the phone in my hand and pressing on the screen you can hear this little squeak and it was annoying ,and also i had an htc touch before the diamond and i had that problem and when i had to replace it under warranty i got a new one that felt much tighter and didnt squeak at all

so i was like you know what let me open another one and see how it feels and it was just much better so i activated that one and then later that day i felt no matter how high i have the brightness on that phone it still looks dim and yellowish
so i decided to compare it to the first one
and it was obvious ,like really obvious that i didn't believe the difference ,the first one had a crystal white back ground and the second had a dimmer yellowish tint

so on my quest to find the perfect phone out of all four i had i open the rest and compared
and they all felt tight but they had a ranging yellow hue to them ,except that first one with the losely fit battery cover

so idecided to go with that one and i ended up putting a small sheet of thick paper across the battery and that ensured a tight fit of the back cover and felt tight

another finding when i was playing with all of them

they all got really hot
but some got extremely hot
some got warm

again these are my finding from comparing 4 brand new htc diamond side by side
and i am really sorry i didn't take any pictures
Old 10-09-2008, 03:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work
Re: Htc diamond different screen qualities

I originally purchased a Diamond on a new line to get all discounts. About a week later I talked them into selling me one with all discounts on my old number. I have since sent the first one back, but had them side by side for a few days and did not notice any differences.

Backs on both were tight and both screens look the same. I don't think that the auto brigtness works well for me, looks too dim for my liking, but just a couple clicks down from full bright looks very clear and whites are WHITE! I just love the screen(my favorite feature of this phone). Both devices can get pretty warm at times. Seems to be during use during low signal or extended data use like with Sprint Navigation.

I hope HTC can get this thing cooled off somehow. That's about the only thing I really don't like. I know that the battery discharges fast when using, but I kind of expected that with the faster processor and a screen that has fout times as many pixels as my Touch has.
Old 10-09-2008, 05:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

denttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardenttarek is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to denttarek Send a message via Skype™ to denttarek

yeah what i was saying is that three of them were very similar and i wouldnt have noticed the yellowish tint because it is still very bright but when i compared it side by side with that particular one it looked like that one was alot whiter
Old 10-09-2008, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: BB Bold 9700
Carrier: At&t

bwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuffbwhite4801 knows their stuff

You wouldn't happen to have a pics? Just curious to see a yellowish screen because it has been mentioned before in a different thread.

Old 10-09-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... same issue with the Mogul and Touch. Looks like HTC is being cheap with the Diamond aswell. Or in better words... maybe Sprint is ordering cheap screens to be put on the Diamond version on Sprint. Damn..
Old 10-09-2008, 06:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

elwuero is a n00b

I first had a Euro GSM Diamond and then a Euro GSM Pro and both had beautiful bright screens - the white backgrounds were very bright and crisp. I now have a Sprint Diamond and the screen is identical - beautiful. I purchased a GSM USA 3G Diamond at Best Buy (was going to return Sprint Diamond) and the screen on that Diamond was washed out and yellowish. I returned the phone to Best Buy and decided to just stick with Sprint.

It seems HTCs quality control is not perfect.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond