PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 02:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Update PRI/PRL - GPS issues

I'm not very familiar with the PRI or PRL but I'd like to update them. Note that I do not have any options to update them within my settings.

So far on every ROM I've tried, GPS doesn't work - outside or inside. I've tried using this with Sprint Navigation as well as Google Maps. It simply can't get a lock at all. Does this have anything to do with the PRI or PRL, or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2008, 08:13 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell
Re: Update PRI/PRL - GPS issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsvnet View Post
I'm not very familiar with the PRI or PRL but I'd like to update them. Note that I do not have any options to update them within my settings.

So far on every ROM I've tried, GPS doesn't work - outside or inside. I've tried using this with Sprint Navigation as well as Google Maps. It simply can't get a lock at all. Does this have anything to do with the PRI or PRL, or is there something else I should be looking at?

Thanks!

Your with Sprint, so I'm not sure if this will help you or not. Im pretty sure thats not the issue

READ HERE, THIS WAS FOR TELUS. NOT SURE IF IT GOOD FOR SPRINT
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=35592

Have you checked your gpsOne Settins
Have you checked your SUPLGPS Settings in the Registry
Did the Gps work before you flash a Custom Rom
Did you hard reset after flashing

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 10-09-2008 at 08:23 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I'm about to flash Juicy 2.4.1 and I'll do a hard reset after to see if that does anything.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:21 AM
VIP Member

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

Quote:
I'm about to flash Juicy 2.4.1 and I'll do a hard reset after to see if that does anything.
Did the gps work before you started flashing, have you checked the gps settings in the reg. as well as yor gpsOne setting. Im not sure waht the Sprint setting should be, if there are the smae as Telus. Probably not

Last edited by O'Neil Mitchell; 10-09-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Honestly I can't remember if it worked on the stock ROM since I was only on that for a day or so and didn't really care about GPS at the time. But, I believe it did not work. I'll look over the reg. settings after this flash + hard reset.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:56 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Honestly I can't remember if it worked on the stock ROM since I was only on that for a day or so and didn't really care about GPS at the time. But, I believe it did not work. I'll look over the reg. settings after this flash + hard reset.

Good luck brother, it will all be resolved soon. It always does

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond