PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 07:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

iamjasonc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Why aren't they advertising?

So, I love my Diamond. I think more people should get them because they're fairly awesome.

So, why is it that when I go to Sprint's site, or any site with Sprint advertisments, all I see is Instinct ads?

I dunno, it just seems odd that I still havent seen one commercial, or ad, or anything for the Diamond....

Instinct sucks.....except I wish Sprint would get in gear and get us WinMo people some Visual Voicemail...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Why aren't they advertising?

I found that odd too. I think they're in competition with Verizon for "Dare" customers. Plus they probably have to meet unit sales levels to get good pricing on the "Instincts". With the Diamond's it may be another pricing model. THye probably arent making that much of a ROI on the diamonds, but the market demand is there so they supply a need.
Thats it.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond

mtkates is keeping up the good workmtkates is keeping up the good work

My guess is that Sprint doesn't want the average Joe Sixpack to buy the Diamond(or any WinMo device) to help with customer experience. You have to admit, WinMo phones are very usefull to those that know how to use them, but they are not for everyone(see my sig).
Old 10-08-2008, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G LTE

Sauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regularSauske is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamjasonc View Post
So, I love my Diamond. I think more people should get them because they're fairly awesome.

So, why is it that when I go to Sprint's site, or any site with Sprint advertisments, all I see is Instinct ads?

I dunno, it just seems odd that I still havent seen one commercial, or ad, or anything for the Diamond....

Instinct sucks.....except I wish Sprint would get in gear and get us WinMo people some Visual Voicemail...
It's not odd at all, far as htc concern the phone will sell itself & Samung is paying for all that advertising for the Instinct. The visual voicemail thing is another story! Look how long it took for picmail to come to a Winmo device
Old 10-08-2008, 08:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro 2
Carrier: Telus

O'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on repO'Neil Mitchell is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Yahoo to O'Neil Mitchell Send a message via Skype™ to O'Neil Mitchell

My friends we are the selected few, and thats the way i like it. If everyone else doesn't know where its at, too bad for them
Old 10-08-2008, 08:51 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtkates View Post
My guess is that Sprint doesn't want the average Joe Sixpack to buy the Diamond(or any WinMo device) to help with customer experience. You have to admit, WinMo phones are very usefull to those that know how to use them, but they are not for everyone(see my sig).
This is pretty much it.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:57 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit

Most likely like Mtkates said, a WinMo device may be too advanced for the average joe. I mean think about it, have they really ever advertised any PPC's?
Old 10-08-2008, 09:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond

Dreading is keeping up the good workDreading is keeping up the good work

There's no expensive plan requirement with the Diamond -- as opposed to the Instinct.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

bionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good workbionic1ball is keeping up the good work

The diamond isn't being advertised because its over 200 dollars or atleast thats what i read somewhere
Old 10-08-2008, 10:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Surround
Carrier: AT&T

Tiberius85 is keeping up the good workTiberius85 is keeping up the good work

I've seen the Treo 800w advertised all over the damn place... so they DO advertise WM devices.. that one is just targeted at the business user and the Diamond is a consumer-in-mind device. Its too bad that the average american cellphone consumer is about 8 years behind the average european cellphone consumer.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond