PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 02:18 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond & Treo 700wx / HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: TELUS / Verizon Wireless

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to Devileyezz
Flash to ring delay

Hi,

So, I kinda go nuts on this "feature".
When I get a call, the keypad/scroll wheel flashes for a good 3-4 seconds before the ringtone goes off.

Why, and how do we get rid of it?

Thanks.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

sdafasdlkfj is just getting started
Re: Flash to ring delay

Sorry that "feature" is inherent in the crappiness of Windows Mobile 6.1! There is nothing we can do to change it.. and if you look around you will see many other people that share your frustration, as do I
Old 10-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Devileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good workDevileyezz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdafasdlkfj View Post
Sorry that "feature" is inherent in the crappiness of Windows Mobile 6.1! There is nothing we can do to change it.. and if you look around you will see many other people that share your frustration, as do I
No way, I strongly believe it's somewhere hidden in the registry.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:11 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!
Carrier: Sprint

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I believe it's set that way for a purpose. This is a business class phone correct? Maybe it flashes first giving you the option to answer it or mute it before the ringtone goes off disturbing everyone in a meeting! Although I think there should be a way to disable that function.

Last edited by gator352; 10-16-2008 at 07:16 PM.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:28 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions

using diamondtweak 0.5 made by Nikagl over on xda. it allows you to tweaks some of the ringer/incoming call settings... i'm currently using the tweak that makes the phone vibrate 3 times before going into the 'rising' ring... with each ring cycle the rings get louder. i love it and some of the other diamond specific tweaks are nice as well... check it out

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 11-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
I believe it's set that way for a purpose. This is a business class phone correct? Maybe it flashes first giving you the option to answer it or mute it before the ringtone goes off disturbing everyone in a meeting! Although I think there should be a way to disable that function.

Yeah, the funny thing is, even when it flashes or vibrates, you don't get the chance to hit the "Answer" button. If you do, it doesn't work.
Old 11-22-2008, 10:38 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nautica2450 View Post
using diamondtweak 0.5 made by Nikagl over on xda. it allows you to tweaks some of the ringer/incoming call settings... i'm currently using the tweak that makes the phone vibrate 3 times before going into the 'rising' ring... with each ring cycle the rings get louder. i love it and some of the other diamond specific tweaks are nice as well... check it out
I've checked it out, nada good sir. Mind pointing me to the specific setting please?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond