PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 01:12 AM
Lurker

japostol is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Telus CDMA Diamond GPS?

I have the Telus version running Juicy 2.4.1 ROM and don't know if this unit has true GPS built in. Anyone know? When I run Google Maps and activate GPS it doesn't lock onto any satellites.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:20 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: TELUS

dj_mysha is keeping up the good workdj_mysha is keeping up the good work
Re: Telus CDMA Diamond GPS?

All Telus Diamonds have GPS fully enabled. Juicy has been good enough to include QuickGPS, tap Start\Programs and scroll down to find it. Go outside and run it so your Diamond will know where in the sky to look for the satellites. Then run Google Maps and watch it lock in less than 10 seconds. I can't stress the "go outside" part enough, I wasted countless hours trying to get my GPS working while inside when all I had to do was go out on my deck.
Hope that helps!
Myke...
Old 10-08-2008, 07:47 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO 1250

sn0b0ard is keeping up the good worksn0b0ard is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_mysha View Post
All Telus Diamonds have GPS fully enabled. Juicy has been good enough to include QuickGPS, tap Start\Programs and scroll down to find it. Go outside and run it so your Diamond will know where in the sky to look for the satellites. Then run Google Maps and watch it lock in less than 10 seconds. I can't stress the "go outside" part enough, I wasted countless hours trying to get my GPS working while inside when all I had to do was go out on my deck.
Hope that helps!
Myke...
I wonder if the Sprint US versions have different GPS receivers, because I have never had a problem getting a signal inside (even without QuickGPS).
Old 10-08-2008, 08:38 AM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

Read the sticky.

And they're the same phone.
Old 10-08-2008, 02:51 PM
N00b

kelcel is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_mysha View Post
Hope that helps!
Myke...

Hi im on Telus too can u tell me dose the Juicy Rom have a flash player ??? pls and tks

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond