PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2008, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

sdafasdlkfj is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Rationale for Not Waking Up on SMS

Hi--

I was wondering what the rationale could be for not turning on the screen when you receive a new SMS, MMS, or email? I want to change the registry to have it turn on, like it did on my Touch, but I'm curious as to why it was disabled in the stock rom. I know the solution, just looking for any advice.

Thanks,
Charles

Last edited by sdafasdlkfj; 10-06-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:52 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: HTC Rationale for Not Waking Up on SMS

saves battery life if the screen doesn't turn on when you get a text and your not checking it each time one comes?
Old 10-06-2008, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Threadstarter

sdafasdlkfj is just getting started

Then wouldn't they have made this change on the Touch? Seems 30 seconds of the screen being on would be negligible.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

Scrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regularScrotum is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

actually I am wanting the opposite. When I receive a sms on my Vogue I do not want the screen to come on because I then have to check it right away, or atleast take the phone out of my pocket and check T/O the screen. Any reg entry to prevent this? sorry for getting off topic but I've been wondering this for awhile. Also it would seem that saving battery life would be the reason for this.
________
Vaporizer volcano

Last edited by Scrotum; 09-06-2011 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrotum View Post
actually I am wanting the opposite. When I receive a sms on my Vogue I do not want the screen to come on because I then have to check it right away, or atleast take the phone out of my pocket and check T/O the screen. Any reg entry to prevent this? sorry for getting off topic but I've been wondering this for awhile. Also it would seem that saving battery life would be the reason for this.
Dude.... nice nickname. =D>

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 10-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

mardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuffmardukeme knows their stuff

Probably to prevent the phone from pocket dialing.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

laestrella is a n00b

ok...I too want my phone NOT to wake when I get an SMS....people who have Sprint, are your phones not waking up when you get a text? If so how do I make sure that mine does not wake up.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mardukeme View Post
Probably to prevent the phone from pocket dialing.
This. I'm glad mine doesn't wake up. Is it really that hard to press one button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by laestrella View Post
ok...I too want my phone NOT to wake when I get an SMS....people who have Sprint, are your phones not waking up when you get a text? If so how do I make sure that mine does not wake up.
Mine does not wake up on email or text and I am on Sprint.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Install Advanced Config Tool and you will have the option to turn off wake-on for new sms and email messages. And you also get a hell of a lot more control over your PPC...
Old 10-06-2008, 03:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

laestrella is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
Install Advanced Config Tool and you will have the option to turn off wake-on for new sms and email messages. And you also get a hell of a lot more control over your PPC...
I installed Advanced Config, but I don't see the option to turn off wake on new sms. Please help.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond