PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 11:27 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
how do I install an .exe on my phone?

I downloaded a .rar of SPB keyboard and extracted it and its a .exe.
I tried installing the exe. I tried changing the file type extention to .cab. I tried installing the .rar. and nothing works. Could someone let me know how to do this? Anyone that knows what torrents are knows what Im talking about.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:29 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static
Re: how do I install an .exe on my phone?

U connect ur phone via active sync then run the exe on ur pc. follow the instructions on pc and phone.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curb71 View Post
I downloaded a .rar of SPB keyboard and extracted it and its a .exe.
I tried installing the exe. I tried changing the file type extention to .cab. I tried installing the .rar. and nothing works. Could someone let me know how to do this? Anyone that knows what torrents are knows what Im talking about.
I suppose it goes with out saying that you can't just change a file extention from .exe to .cab and expect that it will work. This doesn't change the packaging or internal workings of that app. Whenever possible, try to find the .cab version of an app. Then you don't have to worry about installing via USB, and can install straight from your SD card. You can also then store that app on your card for future use.

Old 10-06-2008, 12:00 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

ya try to look for cabs. for unzipping files and moving them try this, http://www.ghisler.com/ works great, dont know if you have it but it will help if not.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:23 AM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jethro_static View Post
U connect ur phone via active sync then run the exe on ur pc. follow the instructions on pc and phone.
This worked perfect for me. thanks!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

kingabraham3 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
ya try to look for cabs. for unzipping files and moving them try this, http://www.ghisler.com/ works great, dont know if you have it but it will help if not.
winrar or 7-zip will do the trick also-most of the time.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond