PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 07:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42
GSensor Calibrate Tool for Sprint/CDMA Diamond

I know this tool works on the CDMA Sprint Diamond:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...54&postcount=8

I did a search on this and google for such a tool and couldn't find anything that said that this worked. The tool that HTC came out with points to a version that corresponds to the GSM phone... so no way for me to know if it worked on the CDMA one.

So, if you already knew all of this... please ignore this post. For search engines and other people to catch: This particular gsensor calibration tool seems to do to the trick! (my phone didn't blow up after using it... a plus! lol.)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-02-2008, 07:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: The 3VO
Carrier: Sprint for service PPC geeks for eerythang else :)

toinejuan is keeping up the good worktoinejuan is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to toinejuan Send a message via Yahoo to toinejuan
Re: GSensor Calibrate Tool for Sprint/CDMA Diamond

I used it, works on my Sprint Diamond just fine, my G sensor actually worked better after I used this to calibrate it. It's a lot smoother when rotating, I haven't installed one of those manual screen rotators, my phone is rock solid the way it is. I don't want to have to do another hard reset.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:06 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

+1 for the calibration tool. I installed this yesterday and saw much improvement with the G sensor accuracy as well as auto-rotation in Opera.
Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

works for me also and now the phone is a good level for working around the house. lol
Old 10-03-2008, 09:30 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
works for me also and now the phone is a good level for working around the house. lol
LMAO! I was thinking the same thing when I installed it. I just replaced a half dozen windows in my house and really could have used this a couple of weeks ago
Old 10-03-2008, 09:42 AM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

rainfreak, im not kidding i just put in 6 new windows also and my buddy who doesnt know anything about phones except making calls said"cant you put the phone down and do some work" lol i said im using it as a level and showed him. he almost wet his pants laughing.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:00 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Actually I was being a little sarcastic

I was a rough carpenter for twelve years prior to getting into IT about 12 years ago. That said, I still have my 2 foot and 4 foot levels, circular saw, sawsall, and other typical tools. Truthfully, the size of the phone would not get a true reading of level and plumb, but would be cool to show off to the friend/neighboor/wife helping.

I say all this because I don't want someone on here thinking that they can use their Diamond and the calibration tool as a level for home remodeling. Though it would be seriously cool for leveling small shelves or pictures being hung on the wall.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:20 AM
acs tester

ya it was more of an eye candy to agravate my buddy, also used the old 2 footer. its my house so has to be correct. still got my buddy though. lol
Old 10-03-2008, 12:55 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

Lokks is a n00b

Tried it and it works perfectly....

Last edited by Lokks; 10-03-2008 at 04:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond