PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Problem with Sprint Picture Mail

Whenever i go to the mail tab and open up picture mail and click on new message nothing happens. When i first got the phone it worked fine with the stock rom. I upgraded to Juicy's 2.2 rom and then went back to Stock and i have been having this issue ever since. Has anyone else had this problem?? Help would be greatly appreciated. i'm think about just hard reseting the phone and seeing what happens but i would like to avoid this because i would hate to restore all of my settings and programs
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 10-02-2008, 06:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

kill_dano is just getting started
Re: Problem with Sprint Picture Mail

I can't get my picture mail working on jucy's 2.2. Installed cab, but when I open the picture mail in messaging it just opens a new mail message on the picture mail email as if I were using gmail or hotmail. When I had stock rom opening the picture mail would open its own app thats nothing like regular email.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2

marcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmarcus_cruz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill_dano View Post
I can't get my picture mail working on jucy's 2.2. Installed cab, but when I open the picture mail in messaging it just opens a new mail message on the picture mail email as if I were using gmail or hotmail. When I had stock rom opening the picture mail would open its own app thats nothing like regular email.
Maybe sign up with the service on the site. Theres a link somewhere in the diamond forum. I had the same problem until I installed the Sprint PicMail cab, and then soft reset and signed up with sprint's pic mail on their site. Although the picmail still wont send to verizon for me.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G

chris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the communitychris1683 is a trusted member of the community

I also have the Touch Pro and have found Sprint Picture Mail to be useless. Pictures often don't send and when they do send people do not receive them. I calles CS and they told me there was no problem with their servers. They opened a ticket for the issue and then when nothing else worked they told me there is a nationwide "outage" with Picture Mail. They stated they will reimburse customers who experience Picture Mail problems from the time they report them until the time it is resolved. Why did Sprint screw up an otherwise fine way to send picture messages (MMS).

I have tried sMMS app but you have to keep it running at all times. If anyone has found a way to get the original Picture Mail application working please let me know!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond

vincemash is keeping up the good workvincemash is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1683 View Post
I also have the Touch Pro and have found Sprint Picture Mail to be useless. Pictures often don't send and when they do send people do not receive them. I calles CS and they told me there was no problem with their servers. They opened a ticket for the issue and then when nothing else worked they told me there is a nationwide "outage" with Picture Mail. They stated they will reimburse customers who experience Picture Mail problems from the time they report them until the time it is resolved. Why did Sprint screw up an otherwise fine way to send picture messages (MMS).

I have tried sMMS app but you have to keep it running at all times. If anyone has found a way to get the original Picture Mail application working please let me know!
CS told me same thing, they are having nationwide problems with picture mail
Old 11-03-2008, 07:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond

scidmail is becoming a great contributor

Have you done the Sprint Picture Mail update from the Sprint PowerDeck site?
Old 11-03-2008, 08:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

worldaviator is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to worldaviator

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincemas View Post
CS told me same thing, they are having nationwide problems with picture mail
Why aren't you talking to Technical Support? They resolved my Picture Mail issues with the Sprint Stock ROM and i'm able to send/receive no problem with my HTC Diamond.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldaviator View Post
Why aren't you talking to Technical Support? They resolved my Picture Mail issues with the Sprint Stock ROM and i'm able to send/receive no problem with my HTC Diamond.
Do pics come via your picmail inbox or a text??
Old 11-03-2008, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PPC6700>Treo 700wx>HTC Diamond

scidmail is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn84 View Post
Do pics come via your picmail inbox or a text??
Mine come to my pic mail mail box now that it's working right.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G Rooted

Jocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJocelyn84 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by scidmail View Post
Mine come to my pic mail mail box now that it's working right.
Just trying to figure out if this is a plan/powervision problem...
Did you sign up for your plan before or after simply everything plans came into effect aka mid-late June 2008??? The reason I'm asking is, because pic mail used to be included with data, where as now its included with messaging. I'm thinking people on older plans still have it attached to their data and not attached to messaging.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond