PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

View Poll Results: All things and issues being equal...Size vs. Keypad
Thinner and lighter wins. 105 71.43%
Keypad trumps all 42 28.57%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2008, 01:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800-> Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

freegood is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Size of Diamond enough not to switch to Pro?

While the keyboard is a crucial feature to many for a fully fledged PPC, the Diamond has set the bar on how big a PPC should be. It's slightly thicker than a razr but much much more powerful than a Blackjack or Q9 (unfair comparison in tech, but fair for sexiness and style). To think, the original version was even more thinner, though the bigger battery is justified.

I had a Mogul before I swapped it, and while it was a dependable workhorse, sexy and light it was not. After handling the Diamond, I gotta admit not looking forward to a just as thick and heavy Touch Pro in my pants.

So does size trump keyboard? I'm still undecided. I guess I'm used to lugging around a Mogul size brick, but the more time I spend with the Diamond, I gotta ask, "Do I really want to?"
Old 10-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Livin' Dangerously
Pocket PC: Evo!/TOUCHPRO2/ ALSO TOUCH PRO
Carrier: PPCGEEKS SPRINT JUST HELPS ME CALL PEOPLE.

SBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributionsSBR_L3GION should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to SBR_L3GION Send a message via Yahoo to SBR_L3GION
Re: Size of Diamond enough not to switch to Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegood View Post
While the keyboard is a crucial feature to many for a fully fledged PPC, the Diamond has set the bar on how big a PPC should be. It's slightly thicker than a razr but much much more powerful than a Blackjack or Q9 (unfair comparison in tech, but fair for sexiness and style). To think, the original version was even more thinner, though the bigger battery is justified.

I had a Mogul before I swapped it, and while it was a dependable workhorse, sexy and light it was not. After handling the Diamond, I gotta admit not looking forward to a just as thick and heavy Touch Pro in my pants.

So does size trump keyboard? I'm still undecided. I guess I'm used to lugging around a Mogul size brick, but the more time I spend with the Diamond, I gotta ask, "Do I really want to?"
I don know if i would make up my mind purely on size there are other things to think about with these devices. the Touch pro has a few more features that may appeal to some users that others may not care about. i personally am gonna get the pro. For me it has some cool features that i like and have the capability to use like the TV out capability. i go on long road trips and sometimes i need to do work on my computer while others wanna watch something on a TV. they can watch TV using my phone while i get some work done on my laptop. I also personally need the expandable memory for music. i work out atleast five times a week for at least an hour most the time more so i need the extra space for the music. just things to think about while making your decision. i currently have a touch and a mogul i got the mogul first and switched to the vogue because of the extra RAM and nice size i did occasionally miss my keyboard but Touchpal fixed that for me. i am looking forward to the new keyboard but am not sure how much i will use it. best of luck with your decision and whichever way you go you wont have made a mistake.

If I have helped you out or you enjoy my work please feel free to donate.

Helpful ROM cooking Info

How To: Registry edit to .cab
Old 10-02-2008, 02:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO

reekolu is keeping up the good workreekolu is keeping up the good work

A bigger screen trumps all, I will get the HTC Touch HD if and when the CDMA/WCDMA version is availible in the US.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by freegood View Post

YES. YES. YES!

I had all the same concerns as you about switching from a Mogul. However, the size of this phone is amazing for what it accomplishes. The SIP (any method) is lightining quick and extremely responsive.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:15 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by reekolu View Post
A bigger screen trumps all, I will get the HTC Touch HD if and when the CDMA/WCDMA version is availible in the US.
WOW, good post. It has nothing to do with the topic. Besides, you're many many months away from that ever happening. Sprint has just begun WiMAX in test markets.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:23 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
Thumbs up Re: Size of Diamond enough not to switch to Pro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Ben View Post
YES. YES. YES!

I had all the same concerns as you about switching from a Mogul. However, the size of this phone is amazing for what it accomplishes. The SIP (any method) is lightining quick and extremely responsive.
Your right its very responsive, and the on screen keyboards feels even more natural and responsive when you enable the "screen tap" sound. unfortunately this feature would be more desirable if it could be designated to the keyboard ONLY, so obviously everyone might not like enabling that feature (I doubt most are aware, but it seems to helps typing feel noticeably more comfortable). really haptic feedback should at the very least be optional, but I read somewhere that HTC is working on this... tho this would drain the battery a lot quicker im sure.

Last edited by gxnext; 10-02-2008 at 04:34 AM.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

rollrsk8ter is just getting started

Using Windows Media sync, set it up so my music was all copied over at 128kps ...I have approx 500 songs and only using 2 gig of storage. The 4 gig limit was the question for me, now I believe it is sufficent to have such a sexy thin phone, to heck with the pro!
Old 10-02-2008, 08:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work

i'm still waiting because the sprint diamond doesn't seem that much smaller compare to the sprint touch pro. seeing the pic of the sprint touch pro, it look thinner than the GSM version (i know is not) but the rounder back makes it look like it. now the touch diamond being bigger than the GSM version and closer to the size of the pro. i want to see a side by side picture. i have seen both (sprint versions) but not a picture comparation on how much thicker the sprint pro is to the diamond
Old 10-02-2008, 08:53 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I answered "keypad trumps all", but honestly, that's not the only reason I want the pro. I really want the video out, camera flash, and expandable memory. I'm planning on getting a 16GB micro SD so I can use it as an MP3 and video player. 4GB just isn't enough for that.

Besides, the Pro is smaller than the Mogul, and I've never really thought the Mogul is that bulky of a phone.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:15 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch (SGS2)

eman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on repeman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post

Besides, the Pro is smaller than the Mogul, and I've never really thought the Mogul is that bulky of a phone.
The mogul didn't feel that big at all coming from a 6700. After moving on to the touch and then holding a Mogul I said to myself; self, how did you ever use this thing. It is like something from the stone age.....It's like saying that you like a girl because of her insides...BS, no one really cares about the insides unless the outsides look good!....J/K

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond