PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2008, 05:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

proplayer44 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Ringtone delayed

I have the Juicy 2.0 Rom, but this problem also occurred on the Telus Rom. Whenever I receive a call, my Diamond buttons all light up and the D pad lights up like a disco but I hear no ring tone for several seconds. I often miss calls because by the time I get the phone off my hip and click answer it has either gone to my VM or they hung up. My phone obviously knows there is a call there because it lights up. this happens on stock ring tones and ones I've created.

Anybody else seeing this and know how to fix it?

This is a Telus phone from Canada.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:47 PM
The Playboy Boy
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

Curb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuffCurb71 knows their stuff
Re: Ringtone delayed

read this
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...8&postcount=15
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I've seen that one but its not quite the same. My phone has already "accepted the call from tower" (not sure of the phrasing there) because when it lights up like a disco ball I can click answer right then and begin talking, but at no point did I ever hear a ring tone. I just need to be staring at my phone when a call comes in for this to work. Its nothing to do with towers. The actual ring tone is delayed.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:10 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

There's a registry entry somewhere for something like "delayed ring tone on incoming call". It's on one of the Diamond Tweak programs. I can't remember which one it is but I'll look through my phone and find it for you tonight, can't do it right now at work..

EDIT: Found it, the app is called Diamond Tweak (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=409540). It's item 1.7 in the list of tweaks. In case I'm not allowed to post links to other boards, I apologize in advance.

Last edited by the7thson; 10-01-2008 at 07:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Dang, I have the diamond tweak app installed already because I love the large vertical scroll bar. I checked 1.7 and it was already set to "without delay" I say =D>for your help but I also feel like at the same time. LOL,
Old 10-02-2008, 02:22 PM
Almost a VIP

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

Heh no problem. All these tweaks are swimming in my head since I just got the Diamond two days ago

I have mine also set to without delay, but I'm also noticing a very significant delay just like you. All the buttons etc light up but the ringtone doesn't start for a few seconds.. I've tried different system ringtones but to no avail. I'm on the Sprint ROM for now.

Is this not happening to anyone else?
Old 10-02-2008, 03:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

reprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regularreprod is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Definitely happening to me. I have missed several calls already.

I also have the issue that sometimes I hit the Talk button and then the phone does not pick up for a few seconds or just will not pick up the call and I will miss it entirely. Anyone noticed this issue?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:31 PM
Almost a VIP

I haven't had the Talk button issue you mentioned, but the phone taking a while to actually start ringing is definitely a problem. If anyone else is experiencing this or has found a solution, please report here if you can.

Thanks.
Old 10-02-2008, 05:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

For Sprint... do this and your phone will ring for incoming calls faster...

##778#
Choose Edit
Enter your MSL
Click View Info soft key
Choose Modem Settings
Click on slot cycle index and click Menu soft key
change value to 0 or 1 (lower the number, quicker the tower checks)
Click Menu soft key, then OK
Let phone reset
Old 10-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
For Sprint... do this and your phone will ring for incoming calls faster...

##778#
Choose Edit
Enter your MSL
Click View Info soft key
Choose Modem Settings
Click on slot cycle index and click Menu soft key
change value to 0 or 1 (lower the number, quicker the tower checks)
Click Menu soft key, then OK
Let phone reset
Thank you! What does faster tower checks really mean? Quicker polling from the phone for a tower? Won't this be a battery drain? I'm not sure how this will help since the phone actually lights up pretty quickly on an incoming call, it's just the actual ringer that takes a while after that to start ringing. I.e. the phone already knows there's an incoming call, it's just not actually sounding the ringer yet.

I'm not knocking your advice in any way, just trying to understand what this is will actually do.

Thanks.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond