PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2008, 04:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul/Touch/Diamond/Touch Pro/Touch Pro 2/Hero/EVO
Carrier: Sprint

e.lamberson is keeping up the good worke.lamberson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
iContact pop-up

I have searched through all the Diamond threads and unless I overlooked something I have not seen any solutions for this. I had iContact on my Touch and Mogul and I loved it. I have downloaded the VGA version and it looks great on the Diamond however I am having issues with it not opening when I hit all people. I want to know how to make it pop up when I push All People instead of the default contacts list. I know this was possible with both my Touch and Mogul and it even did it without an registry or setting changes. I want it to pop up as before. Does anyone know a fix for this?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Iphone 4s

violent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularviolent31601 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: iContact pop-up

Quote:
Originally Posted by e.lamberson View Post
I have searched through all the Diamond threads and unless I overlooked something I have not seen any solutions for this. I had iContact on my Touch and Mogul and I loved it. I have downloaded the VGA version and it looks great on the Diamond however I am having issues with it not opening when I hit all people. I want to know how to make it pop up when I push All People instead of the default contacts list. I know this was possible with both my Touch and Mogul and it even did it without an registry or setting changes. I want it to pop up as before. Does anyone know a fix for this?

sorry, I know this is a bit old but did you ever figure out how to default this to go into icontacts when you click all peaple?
Old 10-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: I have Evolved.

chappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on repchappy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There isn't really an easy way. You have to edit Manilla. I tried using some instructions I found on xda, and couldn't get it to work.
Old 10-22-2008, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

There is two ways to do it. You can either go into the regedit: HKLM/Software/HTC/Manilla - HomeLSKText or HomeRSKText (Change to the name you wish to show up on soft key i.e. iContact) and then HomeLSKPath or HomeRSKPath (\Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe).

The other way is to go to freewarepocketpc.net and download Second Today and in the Second Today settings you can change your softkeys in both that program and manilla.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eptd is just getting started

Quote:
There is two ways to do it. You can either go into the regedit: HKLM/Software/HTC/Manilla - HomeLSKText or HomeRSKText (Change to the name you wish to show up on soft key i.e. iContact) and then HomeLSKPath or HomeRSKPath (\Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe).
I don't know if I understand this right. Am I changing "HomeLSKText" to "iContact", and then "HomeLSKPath" to "\Program Files\iContact.exe"? Am I doing this all in the "value name" box and leaving the "value data" box empty?

I tried doing this and it doesn't seem to be working.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
I don't know if I understand this right. Am I changing "HomeLSKText" to "iContact", and then "HomeLSKPath" to "\Program Files\iContact.exe"? Am I doing this all in the "value name" box and leaving the "value data" box empty?

I tried doing this and it doesn't seem to be working.
Yes, change HomeLSKText to iContact and then HomeLSKPath to \Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe...make sure you include it exactly as typed. I'm not sure if you just typed it Program Files\iContact.exe to shorten or if you actually forgot to type in the iContact between Program Files and iContact.exe You will actually leave the value name as is which should be HomeLSKPath and HomeLSKText and then just change the value to those items mentioned above. Hopefully this helps.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

eptd is just getting started

Quote:
Yes, change HomeLSKText to iContact and then HomeLSKPath to \Program Files\iContact\iContact.exe...make sure you include it exactly as typed. I'm not sure if you just typed it Program Files\iContact.exe to shorten or if you actually forgot to type in the iContact between Program Files and iContact.exe You will actually leave the value name as is which should be HomeLSKPath and HomeLSKText and then just change the value to those items mentioned above. Hopefully this helps.
Cool Thanks! This put iContacts on my home screen. Is there a way to make the "all people" link in the People tab to pull up iContacts?

Last edited by eptd; 10-22-2008 at 08:14 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Cool Thanks! This put iContacts on my home screen. Is there a way to make the "all people" link pull up iContacts?
Not that I know of. I have yet to find anything that would allow me to change All People. I know its a little off topic, but I would recommend trying out Second Today. It gives you the ability to have TF3D as well as whatever homescreens you used on your old PPC.

Last edited by e.lamberson; 10-22-2008 at 08:28 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 09:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond~>Samsung Moment~>HTC EVO!

vinscuzzy is becoming a great contributor

The version found in this post makes icontact open in manilla by hitting all people:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...=burt+icontact

Also, theres a thread thats already dedicated to this on the 1st page of the diamond forum. Found here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41184
Old 10-22-2008, 10:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

batman31 is a n00b

This version does not make the icontacts default to "all people" it defaults to contacts?

How do we get it to remap "all people" to burts icontacts??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond