PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 03:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Deleting Sprint Programs in Reg Ed.

dude just read and re read the flash/unlocking page and flash your phone a new rom, I broke down and its a flawless procedure. You will be very happy you did. As far as your question I just don't think its possible to move the cabs, but you can delete the wondows mobile guide that helps with about 10MB
Old 02-21-2009, 01:15 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
My question is for Puff in #12 - or anyone else who is reading.

I checked these files in File Explorer and would like to double check this action.

So you are saying I can copy and paste these into Internal Memory. Should these go in a certain file, such as Programs? Or just wherever I know how to find them???

Do I then delete these out of Windows and soft set to free up space?

I am using too much Memory, another one that bug me that is huge is Live Search.

Thanks.
The files referenced in that post are the ones used to run the customizations. If you've already ran customizations then you can just delete them to free up room, or you can save a copy to your internal storage to run later. Say you flash a new ROM and dont run customizations then you can run the customizations manually...
Old 02-21-2009, 01:24 PM
the magic mod

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmoreman View Post
I tried finding the above files in Windows via File Explorer, can't find these.
Don't want custom rom, but wanat to move some of those cabs to Internal.

So which ones are safe out of that list and remain working? Can anyone verify before I try it?
These files dont take up that much room (talkin about post #12)
Its all the other junk, like the windows mobile guide, that is generally taken out from custom ROMs
As far as manually installing them, you would only install what you want...
so if your not sure what it does, then you prolly dont want it

Quote:
Originally Posted by pask2155 View Post
dude just read and re read the flash/unlocking page and flash your phone a new rom, I broke down and its a flawless procedure. You will be very happy you did. As far as your question I just don't think its possible to move the cabs, but you can delete the wondows mobile guide that helps with about 10MB
using Total Commander (or similar program) you should be able to delete/move/copy these files
Old 02-21-2009, 01:30 PM
the magic mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by user1 View Post
... SprintDM_DMClientApp_ProdSetting_v0.9.913.CAB & EngStartMenu_Sprint0613.cab(and what does this do) necessary?
SprintDM cab installs files to allow the 'update profile' and 'update PRL' to actually work...
EngStart cab installs the enlarged start menu (more finger friendly)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond