PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

rawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuffrawdikrik knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to rawdikrik
Re: Deleting Sprint Programs in Reg Ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
It installs

http://www.smithmicro.com/default.tp...id1=401&id2=13

Through this agreement, HTC's Microsoft Windows Mobile based Smartphones will ship with Smith Micro's Insignia Open Management Client (OMC), enabling HTC to deliver a higher service level to expedite firmware updates and handset software application upgrades to its mobile devices to market over-the-air (FOTA).

Not that I have a clue as to what it does! I don't notice any additional icons, and when I click on the executable (\windows\omc.exe), nothing happens. Perhaps one of those apps that sounds cool in a press release, but will never get used.
Thanks Man!

From reading the press release, Im guessing it allows them to update and patch the firmware "Over the Air".
Old 10-09-2008, 05:49 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

It should add the "update profile" and "update PRL" options (if not already there, like for example a custom ROM)
Old 10-09-2008, 06:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Threadstarter

Chef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularChef Ben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
It should add the "update profile" and "update PRL" options (if not already there, like for example a custom ROM)
Exactly. I did not install this cab and when I go to Settings/System and click on the "Update PRL" or "Update Profile" the icons simply do nothing. Nothing loads nor does the phone slow down as if something is happenening in the background.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

quarky42 is keeping up the good workquarky42 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to quarky42

Interesting! I did not know what that application was. Thanks for explaining it!

I want to add: There was a file in that directory (\windows\omc) on my HTC Diamond called "omc_out.log" and it was 35 freaking megabytes big! It was hogging up my entire storage area. The regular "find" feature on windows mobile didn't work or I didn't see it in the list.

I only noticed it when I used SKTools to find out how my memory was being used. There was a tool in there that displayed the percent of memory used by each folder. Once I got into that folder (\windows\omc) and found that stupid log file I viewed it. In the log file 98000+ times there was a line "TRG: bad notification msg version: 46.9" repeated.

Stupid HTC in their infinite stupidity failed to put a check in omc.exe that limits the size of the log file. Those twits! So some stupid version error lead to my main storage memory getting filled up and the error "Storage memory is critically low" coming up all the damn time these last few days.

Makes me want to kick a HTC programmer the nuts just on general principal. Isn't there a commandment "Thout shalt not fill thy memory with crap!"

I write all this so that someone else searching google for "\windows\omc\omc.exe" might have a chance of finding this or people searching for "storage memory is critically low" along with HTC Touch Diamond terms... They will be able to read this and simply delete the omc_out.log file if it is very large.

Last edited by quarky42; 01-17-2009 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-17-2009, 03:33 PM
intx is the sexiest VIP
Pocket PC: Hero

intx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIPintx is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to intx Send a message via Yahoo to intx

Usually what I do for extra bloat:

make a blank.txt file, put it in your / folder.

Go into Windows folder, find any files that you don't need, go back to / folder, rename blank.txt to the file name, and copy it to /Windows

Like you don't want SprintTv.exe, rename blank.txt->SprintTv.exe, copy to /Windows and bam, 0kb SprintTv.

You can do this for CABs, and all other read only files. Saves a bit of space
Old 01-17-2009, 03:49 PM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

Sounds like you guys need a custom Rom request thread lol...

Deleting those will take more than a regedit. Try to uninstall the programs since they are installed w/customizations. If not, then delete the links out of \windows\start menu\programs and then delete the program directory out of \program files ...

A simple stock rom I can do, what was it you were wanting deleted again?

Old 02-16-2009, 11:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

My question is for Puff in #12 - or anyone else who is reading.

I checked these files in File Explorer and would like to double check this action.

So you are saying I can copy and paste these into Internal Memory. Should these go in a certain file, such as Programs? Or just wherever I know how to find them???

Do I then delete these out of Windows and soft set to free up space?

I am using too much Memory, another one that bug me that is huge is Live Search.

Thanks.
Old 02-17-2009, 06:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

user1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by willysp View Post
Of the "big 4" cabs, only Nav and TV can be installed to Internal Storage since the installation path in the cab is %InstallDir%. Opera and Picture Mail use %Windows%, so can't be installed to Internal Storage without doing some surgery to the path names in the cab files.

I'm sure someone will, sooner than later, "fix" the Opera cab so that it can be installed to Internal Storage. (And maybe has already been done - I haven't seen it)
I tried installing nav to storage but it still saved to main.

And havent tried installing sprint tv to storage yet...but i assume doing so is the reason why it wont work when trying to access thru music tab.
Is there a way to edit the music tab to something else?

Are SprintDM_DMClientApp_ProdSetting_v0.9.913.CAB & EngStartMenu_Sprint0613.cab(and what does this do) necessary?

Lastly,
i noticed that some items under internet are missing ...facebook etc.
How do i retrieve them back and can i add other links.

I know its alot to be asking...so thanks for the replies in advance.

note: of the 7 cabs ive only installed nav
Old 02-17-2009, 06:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

pask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good workpask2155 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by quarky42 View Post
Interesting! I did not know what that application was. Thanks for explaining it!

I want to add: There was a file in that directory (\windows\omc) on my HTC Diamond called "omc_out.log" and it was 35 freaking megabytes big! It was hogging up my entire storage area. The regular "find" feature on windows mobile didn't work or I didn't see it in the list.

I only noticed it when I used SKTools to find out how my memory was being used. There was a tool in there that displayed the percent of memory used by each folder. Once I got into that folder (\windows\omc) and found that stupid log file I viewed it. In the log file 98000+ times there was a line "TRG: bad notification msg version: 46.9" repeated.

Stupid HTC in their infinite stupidity failed to put a check in omc.exe that limits the size of the log file. Those twits! So some stupid version error lead to my main storage memory getting filled up and the error "Storage memory is critically low" coming up all the damn time these last few days.

Makes me want to kick a HTC programmer the nuts just on general principal. Isn't there a commandment "Thout shalt not fill thy memory with crap!"

I write all this so that someone else searching google for "\windows\omc\omc.exe" might have a chance of finding this or people searching for "storage memory is critically low" along with HTC Touch Diamond terms... They will be able to read this and simply delete the omc_out.log file if it is very large.
has anyone else done this, and by doing this I will gain 35mb of device storage space??? I haven't ever hear of this....???? And I can't even find the file, in my omc folder total comander says it is only 375 kb big, is this file hidden?

Last edited by pask2155; 02-17-2009 at 07:14 PM.
Old 02-20-2009, 09:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

nmoreman is becoming a great contributor

I tried finding the above files in Windows via File Explorer, can't find these.
Don't want custom rom, but wanat to move some of those cabs to Internal.

So which ones are safe out of that list and remain working? Can anyone verify before I try it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond