PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2008, 05:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
What's the Best Backup Program Before ROM Upgrade?

Hello everyone,

I flashed my ROM yesterday after backing up my files using Resco Backup. When I tried restoring my files Reco Backup kept freezing, so I had to reinstall everything back to my phone.

Is there a better backup program? Resco seems horrible to me.

Thanks
Old 09-29-2008, 05:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Note II
Carrier: Verizon

Geekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on repGeekcop is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to Geekcop
Re: What's the Best Backup Program Before ROM Upgrade?

I've been using SPB Backup with no issues at all (www.spbsoftwarehouse.com). I have it set to do a complete device b/u every Mon at 7AM. Just did a restore over the weekend after upgrading my 700WX to WM6. Worked like a charm

Old 09-29-2008, 05:23 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
I've been using SPB Backup with no issues at all (www.spbsoftwarehouse.com). I have it set to do a complete device b/u every Mon at 7AM. Just did a restore over the weekend after upgrading my 700WX to WM6. Worked like a charm
I absolutely agree. I have been using spb Backup for at least a year and even after trying most of the others, would never give it up.

Last edited by rainfreak; 09-29-2008 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

lxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good worklxcivic4life is keeping up the good work

Hopefully they have a trail version of it, so I can try it out.

Thanks
Old 09-29-2008, 06:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

with SPB backkup, can I do the followings (before and after flashing rom):

1) backup and restore programs like garmin, Resco File explorer?
2) back up and restore cab program like TF3D configuration?
3) backup and restore individual file?
4) Registries?
5) clone rom/apps from one phone to another phone?

I want to save time by not having to reinstall apps after flalshing a rom.

Last edited by foxnews; 09-29-2008 at 06:05 PM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:16 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

PIM Backup.

I also don't believe there's anything that does what you want... which is the point of building your own ROM.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rollrsk8ter is just getting started

For contacts, emails, calendar I found creating a free mail2web.com account and then using Direct Push allows you easily to have a running backup of that information. With all the flashing I have been doing, wish there was a backup utility that would save all my other settings
Old 09-29-2008, 10:00 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

sprite pim backup baby

Old 10-07-2008, 09:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: ME - EVO, WIFE - EVO

lnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stufflnchbx13 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekcop View Post
So when you use SPB Backup prior to a rom upgrade does it restore all of the programs that you have installed? If there is a quicker way to flash a new rom and be up and running again I would like to know. Right now it takes about 10 minutes to flash and then maybe 45 minutes to reinstall every program and restore all of the data associated with those programs including the keys and everything. I want to be able to flash the new roms when they come out, but it takes me too long to have to do it every other day.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:35 AM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnchbx13 View Post
So when you use SPB Backup prior to a rom upgrade does it restore all of the programs that you have installed? If there is a quicker way to flash a new rom and be up and running again I would like to know. Right now it takes about 10 minutes to flash and then maybe 45 minutes to reinstall every program and restore all of the data associated with those programs including the keys and everything. I want to be able to flash the new roms when they come out, but it takes me too long to have to do it every other day.
From their site:

Can be restored after ROM upgrade (ROM upgrade mode)

And I can answer yes, it does work. It will restore registry settings, applications installed to main and/or internal storage, mail settings, etc.

The only drawback to it is if you mess something up and do a restore, you have restored the rom to amessed up state. That is why I do two backups per week, to cover my butt, for when I am playing with things that I shouldn't
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond