PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 12:25 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

konads is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Still Cant Configure GPS, Help Anyone

I tried to configure the GPS on my Sprint Diamond using the guide that was given here at PPC. I did the registry changes, installed the QPST program and used the "Get SPC" to generate my SPC using the ESN number that was provided when I was configuring the QPST port. When I hit read SPC from the gpsOne menu and type in the SPC number, it waits and then i get a box saying that I entered the wrong number and to re-enter it, also almost instantaneously the COM port disables itself and closes the connection. It is back on after a few seconds. I tried to generate my SPC again using the CDMA Workshop however i get an error saying i need the full registered program to read from Universal RAM method.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. I just want this to start working for me.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Still Cant Configure GPS, Help Anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by konads View Post
I tried to configure the GPS on my Sprint Diamond using the guide that was given here at PPC. I did the registry changes, installed the QPST program and used the "Get SPC" to generate my SPC using the ESN number that was provided when I was configuring the QPST port. When I hit read SPC from the gpsOne menu and type in the SPC number, it waits and then i get a box saying that I entered the wrong number and to re-enter it, also almost instantaneously the COM port disables itself and closes the connection. It is back on after a few seconds. I tried to generate my SPC again using the CDMA Workshop however i get an error saying i need the full registered program to read from Universal RAM method.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated. I just want this to start working for me.
Sprint uses a different method to generate there SPC. Get SPC does not work for sprint users. there is a thread in the upgrade section that will help you out

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-27-2008, 01:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

GetSpc worked flawlessly for me on my Diamond. You need to use the ESN HEX in the EXACT case that its written on the box.

James
Old 09-27-2008, 01:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Threadstarter

konads is a n00b

Thanks for the replies guys. Can someone sent me a link with CDMA workshop that actually will let me use Universal RAM?

When i did the GetSPC i wrote it exactly and in small letters and both gave me an error when i was putting it into QPST.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond