PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 11:45 AM
tmz
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO & Pro2
Carrier: sprint

tmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the communitytmz is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Most interesting free Diamond apps Downloads here.

Here's one .
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ht=GController

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=39436
This looks like it will help are D-Pad, Don't know for sure how good it works on my way out the door, Ill give it a try later. And get back to you.

Hope it Helps

Thanks T M Z

v0.3

This is a little application that will simulate key presses (on the D-pad) or scroll while you tilt your device. It will soon be usable in many games (e.g. racing games where it isn't really great to use the D-Pad). It is actually usable with a lot of desktop-softwares, like Manila, etc...

Here is some explanations about the control panel:

Application name: This is where you introduce the application's name (the one which appears on the top of the window)
Tilt key: Which key the software simulates when you tilt your device to the left. The tilt side never changes, even if you rotate your device. It is based on when you hold your device in portrait mode flat down.
Tilt sensivity: this is a number (between 0 and 100) setting the tilting minimal for the action to be sent. The more you're close to 0, the more sensitive it will be. If you set it to 100, it will never trigger.
Interval: the interval at which keys are pressed. This means that if you set it too low, while tilting your device, a lot of keys will be sent. It is calculated in milliseconds. So if you set it to 1000, when you tilt your device, it will simulate 1 press per second, per key. Setting it low enough is useful for games, for example.
This post has been thanked 7 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:33 PM
╚════════════════╝
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 & HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

jethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjethro_static is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jethro_static

New version of S2U2 for the Diamond. Lots of bugs are fixed. The App is a donationware so If U have some change to spare, give A_C some love for his awesome creations.

Created by A_C

Official Website:
http://s2u2.eqvipage.dk/index.html

S2 applications

for Windows Mobile by A_C

S2U2 (Slide 2 Unlock 2)

S2U2 is a simple lock/unlock application which has the iPhone style slide unlocking. It can be used as a screensaver while you don't use your device. And it's has CallerID function (but it may not work on some devices, so please try it first); S2P control plugin; and volume control.
prerequisition
- WM5 Phone or WM6/6.1 Professional devices
- free RAM: at least 1M for QVGA; 4M for VGA
read me first »
change log »
faq »
latest xda thread »

freeware licence

S2U2 is being distributed as Freeware. It may be freely used, copied and distributed as long as it is not sold, and all original files are included, including this license. You are NOT allowed to make a charge for distributing this Software whether as a stand-alone product, or as part of a compilation or anthology, without explicit prior written permission. If you paid for it, get a refund.
disclaimer

S2U2 and any support from A_C are provided 'AS IS' and without warranty, express or implied. A_C specifically disclaim any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will A_C be liable for any damages, including but not limited to any lost or any damages, whether resulting from impaired or lost data, software or computer failure or any other cause, or for any other claim by the user or for any third party claim.
download (v1.30, 15 October 200

Thanks urnie538 for the file-hosting.
download the QVGA version » download the VGA version »
download the Clock Pack » (read the ClockReadme.txt inside for details)
download the Language Pack » (Afrikaans, Arabic, Chinese (Simplified & Traditional), Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, FYROM, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese BR, Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish & Turkish. Most of them are incomplete. Read the LangReadme.txt for details or changes. If you have completed any one of them, please post it at the xda-developer forum.)
donation

Thanks for your appreciation and encouragement!

S2 applicationsnews

15 October 2008
S2U2 v1.30 released!

© 2008 A_C | web-hosting by TorbenKB | web designed by Andreas Viklund
web report

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=15833021835
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:42 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Nice collection Static...keep it up!!!

late,
Coz
Old 10-16-2008, 05:19 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond 2

fventura03 is a n00b

nice nice
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

[APP]Waterlevel 0.2 (Another waterlevel application!)
Well, there are already a couple of applications out there already, but i was playing with the SDK and just trying some stuff out in visual studio so i thought, why dont i just release it?

Its a first release, it does work, has some basic calibration and im trying to make a bit more visually appealing that just some bars

So,

version 0.2:

- Updated graphics of the "Circle" compass/meter. Now actually looks like a compass thingy :P
- Added the ability to actually save the calibration data, and to let you know its doing something and its done.
- Created an CAB Installer to install the addon.
- Made all pictures internal resources.

version 0.1:

shows an Water level for the X and Y Axis, an circle "meter" and an light meter. There arent any big bugs that i know off, but i didnt implement the "maximal" meter bars yet. That means the measure bars can go a bit beyond the container :P

Requirements:

You do need the Compact framework 2.0, it will (unfortunatly) not work without it! But seeing as everyone already has the lightsaber application i guess its not that much of an issue

Other:

If anyone has some suggestions or comments (bad or good..) just let me know..

Source:

I added the source code if anyone is interested. Its not some good code, and the calibration could be alot more detailed, but perhaps it helps someone :P

Oh, and if anyone reflects the application and starts to rant about how my code sucks, i didnt optimize it or plan ahead, i just started to code some :P

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=411550

Last edited by dabackwoodboy; 10-16-2008 at 09:14 AM.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:25 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff

Seismo - v0.12 20/09/2008

Here is a small application which uses the accelerometer and draws a small graph. It uses the g-sensor managed DLL from Koushilk Dutta (and you'll need the .Net Compact Framework 3.5 to run this on your Diamond)

Here is the CAB : SeismoCAB (61KB)
http://gerosaurus.free.fr/SeismoCAB.CAB

Edit: 20th sept. version 0.12 of my Seismosaur detector
  • zoom in/out with nav button (circle clockwise / counter clockwise)
  • close button
  • screen should not turn black while Seismo is running
  • now the scale is inverse tangent like
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=426591
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:33 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Diamond Cubes

Here is a small OpenGL based program that allows you to use your Diamond as a "Dice Shaker". It is a simple program and it was written to learn how to use OpenGL together with C# on my Diamond.

I have attached also the sources, so maybe somebody can enhance this and make something beautiful out of it ? If you do, please share the sources also, so that I can learn from you too.

There are still some bugs in the collision detection code, but I think it is a good example of what can be done with this lovely PDA/Phone.

I apologize for the bad interface, there is not much else you can do then shake it and exit from the program.
The dices are 3D objects and tumble across your screen. I still think there should some better "randomness" and there is an annoying bug, which I short-fused in a very ugly way

Anyway have fun and if I find the time, I will certainly try to improve it.

Done:
- Add sound effects/ buzzer triggering - thanks to gerDiamond to fix the "bugs" in the collision detection and surur for the sound and background file. Also thanks to simplifight to clean up some of the code.
- Better graphics - I think I finally understand OpenGL lighting
- Menu choice for the number of dices - You can choose 1 till 5 dices
- Ticking on the screen is the same as shaking the device.
- Exit through the menu.

Still todo
- Different faces for different types of games (for example the dice colors needed for "Cities3D" ?) - Basic setup for this is done, just need to find the time to create the images
- Better "rest position" algorithm. I think I understand the problem, so a fix will be on the way.
- Ability to "park" a dice or put it on the side. Would be needed for a "Yahtzee" like game.
- Nicer graphics for the playboard. Again I have the graphics understood and made some code changes with regard to the rendering of the dices.
- Better "side-collision". Have used it in my "SnowStorm" application.
- 3D tilting. Have a look at my "Paper Plane" app, which shows a 3D F16, which you can look at from all sides.

Lower priority todo
- Zoom in or out ??
- Change size of play-field ???
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=421806
just remove the .zip
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DiamondCubes.jpg (10.9 KB, 611 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: zip DiamondBeerV2.CAB.zip (991.6 KB, 302 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by dabackwoodboy; 10-16-2008 at 09:40 AM.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

HTC Touch Diamond VR Hologram v2.02

VR Hologram very similar to the wii Head Tracking VR demo made famous on youtube.

Uses G-Sensor to track tilt and update the VR Hologram view accordingly. 3D Hologram created using Managed Direct 3D Mobile (MD3DM). Found it easier to learn than the Managered wrapper for Opengl ES.

This is my first 3D app / game and also my first windows mobile app so be gentle but your comments, recommendations and criticisms are more than welcome. Been checking out this forum for over a year now but never really contributed.

v2.02

Control Panel Added
  • Reverse tilt direction
  • Control affect of Moving Average Smoothing
  • Control tilt distance
  • Use set sprite locations or random sprite locations
  • Choose number of random sprites (5 - 20)
  • Choose from pre-set sprite texture (thanks to the submissions on this thread)
  • Choose custom texture image from file system
    N.B. Limited allowed image size to 150kb
    certain images (haven't been able to determine why) cause the application to crash. No exception is raised by HTC's implementation of MD3DM so cannot investigate. Just restart app and texture falls back to a preloaded texture.
  • Displays Average Frames Per Second over recent frames
  • Settings saved to file and are applied once app restarted
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=425216

just remove the .zip
Attached Files
File Type: zip DiamondHologram v2.02.CAB.zip (203.9 KB, 962 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

SensorMaze

It generates mazes and allows you to steer a little blue dot using the movement sensors in the HTC Diamond. It is based on the original SensorTest program and since it has been a while since I programmed for any PDA, it is a bit simple.

Usage:

Try to send the blue dot to the red dot by tilting your Diamond in the required directions.

Commands:

- New Maze: create a new maze in the same level
- Next Level: increase the complexity.

As mentioned, it is my first attempt, so there is still some work that needs to be done.

http://www.freewarepocketpc.net/ppc-...ensormaze.html
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sensormaze.cab.zip (8.1 KB, 451 views) Click for barcode!
Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

GL Maps - View your world in 3D from Koush at xda

Well, Klaxon is pretty much complete except for a few bug fixes.

So, I'd been toying around with a new idea, a 3D Map viewer that is accelerometer enabled. That means you can turn your device and see other parts of the map. You need to try it to understand, it's very cool.
I got that done and started adding a couple things just to test it out. The Red "bubble" in the screenshot is where I live, and the buses are the real time locations of buses in Seattle.
I'll eventually be adding driving directions and search to this too.

Head over to my website for the CAB download.
I'll make a video shortly of this application, but you gotta try it out yourself for fun.

Upcoming VERY SOON
  • More Map types (traffic, satellite, terrain)
  • Directions Plugin
  • Search Plugin
Early Beta 10/12/2008
  • Fixed random crash bug.
  • Created GL Maps Plugin SDK
  • Created open source "standard" plugins
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=435300
This post has been thanked 9 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond