PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2008, 02:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch
Carrier: sprint

klau25 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint diamond opera is not the default browser anymore

Hi, I tried to search this but couldn't find an answer. just wondering if anyone can help me to chang opera back as the default browser. whenever i open a link from my email, it would open ie instead. i installed skyfire the other day, and notice it's not working for my diamond so i unstalled it right away. this happened after the uninstallation. I think probably when i unstall skyfire, it assigned ie as the default browser instead. please let me know how to change it back, ie is driving me crazy. haha. thanks.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

abovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regularabovelegit is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to abovelegit Send a message via MSN to abovelegit
Re: Sprint diamond opera is not the default browser anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by klau25 View Post
Hi, I tried to search this but couldn't find an answer. just wondering if anyone can help me to chang opera back as the default browser. whenever i open a link from my email, it would open ie instead. i installed skyfire the other day, and notice it's not working for my diamond so i unstalled it right away. this happened after the uninstallation. I think probably when i unstall skyfire, it assigned ie as the default browser instead. please let me know how to change it back, ie is driving me crazy. haha. thanks.
I though thats just how it was? Im on Juicy's ROM and it opens links from an email into IE.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

klau25 is a n00b

no, opera is the default, it always been opening opera automatically until i installed and uninstalled skyfire.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

I know that with the latest version of Advanced Configuration Tool (ACT) you can change file associations. Install ACT and then load it. Click on Menu, More Settings, File Associations. Scroll down to .htm, .html, etc and highlight the entry. Then below, choose the default program to open those files (Opera) and then save all settings and soft reset.

I have attached the version that I am running on my Diamond.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ACT3.1.zip (280.9 KB, 89 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by rainfreak; 09-26-2008 at 03:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

klau25 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
I know that with the latest version of Advanced Configuration Tool (ACT) you can change file associations. Install ACT and then load it. Click on Menu, More Settings, File Associations. Scroll down to .htm, .html, etc and highlight the entry. Then below, choose the default program to open those files (Opera) and then save all settings and soft reset.

I have attached the version that I am running on my Diamond.
thanks, i installed it, but it say that i don't have the latest microsoft.net to run it. i would think that since this is a new phone, it would have the latest .net . is 3.5 the version i need? i prob won't be able to install it till i go home.

edit: before i do anything else i need to ask this, should i install the 3.5 version of .net? will this do anything else funny on my phone? i am just very surprise that since the phone is so new, it doesn't come with the latest version of .net. again i have the sprint version diamond.

Last edited by klau25; 09-26-2008 at 03:33 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:41 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community

Yeah, 3.5 is the latest of the .NET CF. It won't do anything bad to your phone and a lot of the apps/games that use the accelerometer use .NET anyway. Get 3.5 here:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en
Old 09-26-2008, 03:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

klau25 is a n00b

ic, sprint should had put that with the phone. haha, o well, i have to wait till i go home since it's not a .cab file. can't dl it at work. haha. it's bad enough that i am surfing the web at work. haha. thanks alot, and hopefully this will change opera back as the default.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:15 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It

Good luck and let us know if it works for you.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond
Carrier: Telus

proplayer44 is just getting started

When I go to choose Opera as the default program its not in the program files folder when browsing.
Old 10-03-2008, 05:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP
Carrier: Sprint

docangle is becoming a great contributor

If you want Opera to be the default browser just re-run the Cab file in your windows directory, I believe it is called, "WM6_HTC_PPC_Opera.cab' or something close to that, it will not delete your bookmarks, history or cookies. I did this myself and it worked like a charm.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond