PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 10:37 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

svtyler11 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation Battery Life?

I have a sprint diamond, I talk on it for about 20 minutes and text a little and a use the web browsing occasionally. The battery goes dead in 5 hours.

It has been cycled about 15 times total.
I let it charge all night, I don't have any apps running or WIFI or bluetooth so I can't imagine why it dies so fast, my mogul lasted 2 days.

Is there something I am missing?
Old 09-25-2008, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: diamond
Carrier: sprint

fobx530 is a n00b
Re: Battery Life?

A friend told me that you aren't suppose to turn on the phone until you fully charge it before turning it on EVER, then you can turn it on which can lengthen the battery life.

Though he told me AFTER, I already turned it on used it, etc.

But I get similar but not as worst as you. I do bring my charger everywhere I go because I tend to use the internet/youtube on it.

This is also why I got insurance on it, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but incase the battery does suck that bad...I can bring it in to the sprint store.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond

iwillfearnoevil is just getting started

unfortunately there is tons of conflicting advice regarding battery conditioning that no one really knows who to believe. but 5 hours is about right for me. i do notice that the phone charges VERY slow via usb (as did my mogul) so i think i sometimes assumed i was at 100% but in reality was at 50% starting off.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

opuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularopuscroakus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by svtyler11 View Post
I have a sprint diamond, I talk on it for about 20 minutes and text a little and a use the web browsing occasionally. The battery goes dead in 5 hours.

It has been cycled about 15 times total.
I let it charge all night, I don't have any apps running or WIFI or bluetooth so I can't imagine why it dies so fast, my mogul lasted 2 days.

Is there something I am missing?
If you are in an area with low signal strength it can bounce into roaming and eat much more battery. It would seem the radio in the Diamond is weaker than the Mogul and that would cause the problem.
Old 09-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff

battery conditioning rumors are left over from nicad days - lithium ion doesn't need this....

http://www.batteryuniversity.com
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:55 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

...and so are the rumors that you dont have to condition li-ION lol. I "conditioned" my battery the first day i got the phone. I let it fully charge before turning it on, and i let it fully deplete to the point the phone died. I am on the web and playing music through BT using Triangle BT for roughly seven hours out of the day. and my battery lasts 22 hours from fully charged to fully discharged.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

Last edited by nxtech3; 09-26-2008 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:56 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
...and so are the rumors that you dont have to condition li-ION. I "conditioned" my battery the first day i got the phone. I let it fully charge before turning it on, and i let it fully deplete to the point the phone died. I am on the web and playing music through BT using Triangle BT and my battery lasts 22 hours from fully charged to fully shut off.
its in your head man, ni-cad are the only ones that need to be conditioned like this.

li-on do not they have no "memory"

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-26-2008, 04:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond
Threadstarter

svtyler11 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by fobx530 View Post
A friend told me that you aren't suppose to turn on the phone until you fully charge it before turning it on EVER, then you can turn it on which can lengthen the battery life.

Though he told me AFTER, I already turned it on used it, etc.

But I get similar but not as worst as you. I do bring my charger everywhere I go because I tend to use the internet/youtube on it.

This is also why I got insurance on it, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but incase the battery does suck that bad...I can bring it in to the sprint store.
I tried this, not a minute after I took if the charger (done) it was telling me that the battery was low!
Old 09-26-2008, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff

My first couple days were not so good and I had partially topped it off at work setting things up.

I finally had it with the stupid TF3D and since I shut that off it seems much better.

But it does bother me how it gets so warm with use and seems to be burning through battery at a much higher rate.

I even swithed to Push Mail (Exchange) which keeps the Network up 24/7 and yesterday and today have been pretty good. But I'm not fully into me routine with it yet so I'm not 100% sure.
Old 09-26-2008, 05:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: sprint htc diamond touch
Carrier: Sprint

staticent116 is just getting started

Is there any hack or tip for the battery to not end up so flippin hot?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond