PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 09:06 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ptsar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Music - skipping problems

Does anyone else have issues with their music skipping like a bad cd? Every song skips once or twice each song but in different spots each time. I just put the songs on the computer a few days ago in wma format. I will try saving as mp3 to see if that fixes it. I have minimal programs running on the diamond so I don't believe that memory should be an issue.

Its clear there are a few bugs with the phone. I also lost internal storage until I used advice on this website and was able to reformat the drive using my PC's my computer. I'm thinking that this might have damaged the internal storage's flash memory...

Like other posts, the edges of the touch screen don't register taps as well as the rest of the screen. Those problems said, I love the phone, though I might try and swap it out as defective.

Any help with the music skipping issue is appreciated.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:14 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Sprint Music - skipping problems

I have lots of various bit rate .mp3 on my unit all play just fine. Haven't tried a .wma yet.

-CC
Old 09-25-2008, 09:16 PM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

wma works well but that is off topic...

Old 09-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ptsar is a n00b

I really don't know much about bit rates. Windows Media Player says it made the wma file in 128kbps which it designates as the default. It won't let me save a file as mp3 because I don't have a compatible mp3 encoder. What bit rate do you recommend?
Old 02-03-2009, 03:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: sprint

user1 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptsar View Post
Does anyone else have issues with their music skipping like a bad cd? Every song skips once or twice each song but in different spots each time. I just put the songs on the computer a few days ago in wma format. I will try saving as mp3 to see if that fixes it. I have minimal programs running on the diamond so I don't believe that memory should be an issue.

Its clear there are a few bugs with the phone. I also lost internal storage until I used advice on this website and was able to reformat the drive using my PC's my computer. I'm thinking that this might have damaged the internal storage's flash memory...

Like other posts, the edges of the touch screen don't register taps as well as the rest of the screen. Those problems said, I love the phone, though I might try and swap it out as defective.

Any help with the music skipping issue is appreciated.

I have the same problem...Has anyone come up with a fix or similar issues
Old 02-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Alltel 6800 > Touch Pro > Imagio>Droid Razr
Carrier: Alltel>Verizon

mastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmastergadgets is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Same problem here.
Old 02-03-2009, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

MrDMB is just getting started
Send a message via AIM to MrDMB

I have the same problem. but it doesnt happen that often for me.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 PM
mcom
Pocket PC: Panther 850e, RhodiumW500, BlackBerry8220
Carrier: Telus & Rogers

briggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIPbriggs is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

flash a newer rom. Mighty's latest has this issue fixed. I know how annoying this can be.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

ptsar is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by briggs View Post
flash a newer rom. Mighty's latest has this issue fixed. I know how annoying this can be.
Thanks Briggs for the advice. I grew a pair and flashed Mighty's 4.4.4 last week and again earlier today to 4.4.5. It is a million times better than the stock Sprint ROM. Faster, better battery life, and much more storage memory.

Unfortunately it has not fixed the music skipping problem completely, though it is much improved. Music skips less often and it is a shorter skip which makes listening to music more enjoyable. Any other suggestions?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond