PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2008, 04:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Carrier: sprint

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Real Story on Video Out

A number of threads have been started on this subject but no definitive answer seems to have been reached. Is the Diamond capable of video out and how is it done?
Old 09-24-2008, 04:48 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: Real Story on Video Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
A number of threads have been started on this subject but no definitive answer seems to have been reached. Is the Diamond capable of video out and how is it done?
as ive stated before. a user here has been generous enough to donate a tv out cable for the cause. once i receive this i will start my TV Out project for the diamond. im quite convinced that its fully obtainable, as all my reading has led me to beleive that its USB data thats sent to the dongle (MyMobler works with a video output via USB data to the pc). the dongle handles the Conversion to RCA Video out and the audio is handled strictly by a pass through from the Audio pins directly to the Audio RCA. (like plugging in a 3.5mm to RCA converter into your mp3 player)

also i have seen numerous videos of HTC's unavailing of the diamond. this video shows them clearly using a tv out function to project the diamonds screen onto a projection display so that could show off the features on a big screen :P so you tell me. is it doable?? i think so

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 05:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: ppc6700
Threadstarter

hoddy4 is becoming a great contributor

thanks. if the diamond is video capable then the primary differences between it and the touch pro are the keyboard and storage options. is this correct? I am also not sure if the diamond comes with the jetcet print program but this could be added. does the cable you are receiving come standard with the pro or would it have to be bought with either?
Old 09-24-2008, 05:05 PM
Retired Staff

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoddy4 View Post
thanks. if the diamond is video capable then the primary differences between it and the touch pro are the keyboard and storage options. is this correct? I am also not sure if the diamond comes with the jetcet print program but this could be added. does the cable you are receiving come standard with the pro or would it have to be bought with either?
the cable im getting is the standard HTC TV out cable that's used on multiple HTC Device Models, Such as the Raphael (Pro) the fact that its the same cable for multiple devices is also looking promising. like i said i beleive its strait usb data sent ot the dongle and the dongle converts it from there.

oh and did i mention the diamond has the tv out reg entries there just turned off and i already have the TV out application from the Raphael
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:11 PM
Retired Staff

by the way thank abovelegit as he was the user who offered to donate the adapter and get me thinking on this subject
Old 09-24-2008, 09:31 PM
Former Short Fat Chef
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

kevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIPkevank is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to kevank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
as ive stated before. a user here has been generous enough to donate a tv out cable for the cause. once i receive this i will start my TV Out project for the diamond. im quite convinced that its fully obtainable, as all my reading has led me to beleive that its USB data thats sent to the dongle (MyMobler works with a video output via USB data to the pc). the dongle handles the Conversion to RCA Video out and the audio is handled strictly by a pass through from the Audio pins directly to the Audio RCA. (like plugging in a 3.5mm to RCA converter into your mp3 player)

also i have seen numerous videos of HTC's unavailing of the diamond. this video shows them clearly using a tv out function to project the diamonds screen onto a projection display so that could show off the features on a big screen :P so you tell me. is it doable?? i think so
Great to hear your going to be working on this. I ordered a HTC cable to test this on Monday. I would love to work on this with you.

Let me know

Kevan
Old 09-24-2008, 09:36 PM
Retired Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevank View Post
Great to hear your going to be working on this. I ordered a HTC cable to test this on Monday. I would love to work on this with you.

Let me know

Kevan
i could use all the help i can get two head are always better then one.

the Raphael, and diamond are the same hardware.

also ive been reading about the G1 all night..... it looks like its going to be identical to Raphael hardware but it will not have such a high resolution. with the source code and the hardware being essentially the same it will be easy to port
Old 10-04-2008, 07:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

mjstallion is becoming a great contributor

any update on this?
Old 10-05-2008, 05:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

blazin-asian is keeping up the good workblazin-asian is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to blazin-asian

Quote:
i could use all the help i can get two head are always better then one.

the Raphael, and diamond are the same hardware.

also ive been reading about the G1 all night..... it looks like its going to be identical to Raphael hardware but it will not have such a high resolution. with the source code and the hardware being essentially the same it will be easy to port
wow. that sounds very promising! i would love to install Android on my diamond

hopefully it can handle input from the on screen keyboard instead of physical one on the raphael.
Old 10-05-2008, 06:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
the cable im getting is the standard HTC TV out cable that's used on multiple HTC Device Models, Such as the Raphael (Pro) the fact that its the same cable for multiple devices is also looking promising. like i said i beleive its strait usb data sent ot the dongle and the dongle converts it from there.

oh and did i mention the diamond has the tv out reg entries there just turned off and i already have the TV out application from the Raphael
Where's the reg entries? Where's the TV out app from the Rapahel? C'mon, don't hold back on us. Let us play with it too. LoL

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond