PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 04:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs

biggggant is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Do not turn your phone on till you have activated it

Ok I upgraded to a Diamond from a Touch. When my new shiney toy got home I immediately plugged her in and started setting up my programs and my push account etc. Of course like many here I got an activation error with the handsfree activation because my phone was not yet activated, but I shrugged it off. Well I finally activated mine over the phone and I had problems with Picture mail and I kept getting a 1012 error when trying to update my profile. And I also had to change the profile setting in ##3282# to get my vision working at all. Like many here i tried to get tech support to fix it by pushing out an IOTA and adding and removing pic mail but the tech I talked to couldnt really help. She was realy cool and I linker to the site and showed her the thead (too bad it was full of "I downloaded this CAB") and she couldnt really sift thru that junk to find the meaningful stuff. So she recomends I exchange my phone and notes my account. So after a 2 hour fiasco I got orders support agree to send me the exchange at not out of pocket expense to me. So when my replacement got to my office today I turned off the "defective" Diamond and logged into sprint.com and being to activate the reaplcment (which was turned off) As soon as I got it activated I did not get an MSL (bummer) I just got a message that told me to turn on
my phone and it should be ready to go but it can take up to 4 hours.

So I turned my phone on and it did the handsfree activation with no errors. I immediately get notified of a voicemail. Then I went to pic mail and hit new just to get the phone provisioned. And then I had to pause make sure I was good to go. I finally got a co worker to send me a text and.......IT FREAKING WORKED............. Sorry for the ramble but I wanted to share my findings with those who have yet to get their Diamonds so they don't make the same mistakes I did........Yes you can call tech support and maybe get help....but just wait till your phone is activated and save your self that headache.
Old 09-23-2008, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

ilkhan is just getting started
Re: Do not turn your phone on till you have activated it

got the error, entered the new number in sprint's online activation screen, hit update profile on the phone. Worked just fine. :shrug:
Old 09-23-2008, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HERO
Carrier: spcs
Threadstarter

biggggant is just getting started
Re: Do not turn your phone on till you have activated it

yeah stupid upate profile wouldnt work for me ohh well...like i said i wanted to try save some people some of the headaches i went thru.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond