PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 11:41 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The thickness of this unit...

Can someone please clear something up for me real quick? I've seen several pictures of Sprint's version of the Diamond, and HTC's version of the Touch Pro and Diamond, and it looks to me like the Sprint version of the Diamond is as thick as HTC's Touch Pro...

Uhhh wth? lol

Am I just seeing things?

(I tried to search for this, but you can't search "pro" because it's too short...rofl)
Old 09-23-2008, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

xxza is becoming a great contributor
Re: The thickness of this unit...

sprint diamond is about 4mm thicker than GSM Diamond, but still thinner than Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Can someone please clear something up for me real quick? I've seen several pictures of Sprint's version of the Diamond, and HTC's version of the Touch Pro and Diamond, and it looks to me like the Sprint version of the Diamond is as thick as HTC's Touch Pro...

Uhhh wth? lol

Am I just seeing things?

(I tried to search for this, but you can't search "pro" because it's too short...rofl)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:55 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Doc1131 is becoming a great contributor

The diamond on sprint is the same thick of the touch on sprint
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Diamond

archtech3d is just getting started

I was shocked on how small Sprint's Diamond is. I don't think you will have a problem with it. Any thinner and I'd be scared to handle it. Plus, it has a larger battery! Can't go wrong with that!
Old 09-23-2008, 01:19 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Ok, in that case, I'm definitely going for the Touch Pro. I was afraid the Diamond was almost as thick as the Mogul, so I was wondering if the TPro was going to be a monster or not. lol

Thanks, guys.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Gettin' Freaky With It
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S5/iPad Air 2
Carrier: Big Red

rainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the communityrainfreak is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to rainfreak

If the CDMA version of the Diamond is about 4mm thicker than the GSM Diamond, it would stand to reason that the same could happen with the CDMA version of the Touch Pro...
Old 09-23-2008, 02:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Personally I am surprised at how compact the phone feels. Only thing I can suggest it hold one at a store to get the idea. Dimensions are misleading, because of the rounded curves..

@4mm more on the Tpro, it's still gonna be a nice small phone.. This Diamond reminds me of a slightly bulkier Nokia Slider..

-CC
Old 09-23-2008, 02:18 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Does anyone else feel that the battery door tries to come off every time you hit the power button? Real annoying
Old 09-23-2008, 02:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: sprint

eduardmc is keeping up the good workeduardmc is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainfreak View Post
If the CDMA version of the Diamond is about 4mm thicker than the GSM Diamond, it would stand to reason that the same could happen with the CDMA version of the Touch Pro...
you haven't seen the sprint pro. (cdma version) is the same size has the gsm version but is rounder which makes it look smaller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asDw7ROABIE
Old 09-23-2008, 02:34 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
you haven't seen the sprint pro. (cdma version) is the same size has the gsm version but is rounder which makes it look smaller.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asDw7ROABIE
Oh, that's not bad at all. The TPro looks about the same exact thickness as the Mogul. Not a big deal.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond