PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2008, 11:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Dimomand
Carrier: sprint

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GPS with Juicy Sprint ROM 2.1

I just flashed Juicy sprint ROM 2.1. I also followed the sticky "configure GPS". but when I launched google map and use gps, it keeps seeking for sattelite and nothing happens.

Please help
Old 09-23-2008, 11:53 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Re: GPS with Juicy Sprint ROM 2.1

hit your call key. is your location/GPS icon showing and not crossed out? (upper right hand)

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 09-23-2008, 12:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

foxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good workfoxnews is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
hit your call key. is your location/GPS icon showing and not crossed out? (upper right hand)

not sure what you mean by call key. is it the hard buton to make phone call?

last night, I saw an sattelite dish icon on top. but it gps did not work. I dont' see that icon now.

what should I do?
Old 09-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
not sure what you mean by call key. is it the hard buton to make phone call?

last night, I saw an sattelite dish icon on top. but it gps did not work. I dont' see that icon now.

what should I do?
yes the hard button to make a call it should bring up your dial pad and look for the icon in the top right. its a circle with a cross in it. if its there your gps is locked. if its not and its crossed out with a diagonal line then its not locking.
Old 09-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Kitchen Builder
Pocket PC: HTC Touch + Touch Diamond

tobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the communitytobeychris is a trusted member of the community

or he can't figure out how to run the gpsOne settings cause imageshack is down.

back up now apparently.

Still, if you actually did the gpsOne settings correctly, and turn Location Settings to On in the phone settings menu, it works. If it's not for you... you have bigger issues.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggalo_X View Post
yes the hard button to make a call it should bring up your dial pad and look for the icon in the top right. its a circle with a cross in it. if its there your gps is locked. if its not and its crossed out with a diagonal line then its not locking.
The icon is there (look like a ship wheel) but it has a cross in it.

what should I do?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobeychris View Post
or he can't figure out how to run the gpsOne settings cause imageshack is down.

back up now apparently.

Still, if you actually did the gpsOne settings correctly, and turn Location Settings to On in the phone settings menu, it works. If it's not for you... you have bigger issues.
I followed your process successfully last night. I did it twice though just to make sure.

I went to settings>phone but I could not find Location setting. where is it?

never mind, i found it
Old 09-23-2008, 01:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

it worked. I had to turn on Location setting. then I ran Quick GPS, then run google map>use GPS

now it show GPS active (6). sometime active(1) (i am in side a building if that have impact on signal).

one isssue: google map pops up a message saying that "your device is not compatible with My Location (beta) feature"

is that an issue?
Old 09-23-2008, 01:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

another questions: does google map refreshed map from the internet or from the map cab file (I got from the sticky Configure GPS) that I installed?
Old 09-23-2008, 02:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews View Post
another questions: does google map refreshed map from the internet or from the map cab file (I got from the sticky Configure GPS) that I installed?

It updates the image from the data connection to the internet.

-CC

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Diamond